Routing : How to record a stereo guitar + dry signal?

Super rookie question:

I have a Focusrite 2i2, two inputs.
For playing, I usually go out 1 and 2 from QC into inputs 1 and 2 in the Foscurite and monitor it from there.

For recording : How can I record a stereo guitar + dry signal? Do I need to use the USB connection for that? In that case, how should I set up the routing?

Thanks guys!

1 Like

Hi T2T2

To record stereo + a mono dry signal I think you’re best off to use the USB of your Quad Cortex. You’ll need to set up your preset so there is a dry output to 3 (mono) (or 3/4 if you want stereo) Try assigning output 1/2 to a stereo track in your recording software, and then output 3 (or 3/4 stereo) to a different track in your recording software.

Option 2 is one that is less likely to work: Try combining your 2i2 AND the QC as audio interfaces. Output 1/2 from the QC into the 2i2 to a stereo track, and the dry output from the QC USB to another track. I have doubts about this working, as most recording software forces you to choose ONE interface only.

I hope this provides some clarity. Good luck!

3 Likes

I found this, and I think using the USB of your Quad Cortex is the way to go. Using Quad Cortex as an audio interface - Neural DSP

1 Like

Another consideration (for mac users), create an aggregate device.

2 Likes

You can set the imput as the quad cortex and the output as the scarlet if you want to use both , make two tracks , one is di 1/2 and tge other is wet 3/4 then assign what ever sound like to the di track or a plugin etc