Reamping with a real amp

Hi,

I’m using the QC as my audio interface, and I’m recording a dry signal of my guitar tracks for reamping purposes. I’ve figured out how to route from the DI track into the QC and then out to a new track in my DAW, and that works great.

That said, I’m trying to wrap my head around how I can run that dry signal into my real amp for reamp purposes.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible, and if so, how to accomplish it?

For reference, I’d imagine I’m running a line from the QC to my amp’s input and then an XLR (microphone) back to the QC input, but I’m not sure how all that works out with QC input/output settings on a preset level, nor am I sure exactly which jacks to use.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Maybe use a splitter for a row which outputs your DI to an unused output and take that to your amps input?

So, to be specific, if my DI is coming into the QC via 5/6, I’d have a row with an input of 5/6, and it would route to an output of say 3/4?

Then I’d run a cable from 3/4 to the input on my amp. The mic on the amp would route back to the QC… let’s say input 1/2.

Would I set up a second row with 1/2 as input and route that out to a USB output? Sorry, I’m still wrapping my head around routing.

After some additional research (and reading the manual), it looks like I can use the FX loop. Page 59 (using external gear) illustrates the wiring, so I’m going to give that a try. The only difference is instead of using (In 1) on the left side of the chain, I’ll use a USB input.

1 Like