Quad Cortex signs-out from Cortex cloud…

My QC logs out of Cortex Cloud fairly often every 2-3 weeks, and I actually use this device every single day. I’d understand if it weren’t used for a long period of time, but this is nuts.

I use complex passwords via a password manager, and having to log-in multiple times a month sometimes is completely unacceptable…honestly, I’m not keeping PII in on this device, so why do I have to Re-login at all?

Thanks…

I have the same pain, also using complex and long passwords and typing them on the software keyboard is such a pain.
Additionally, I sometimes get logged out of the wifi (where I also have such a password).

I agree with you that there’s no sensitive data on it that would justify having to log in again and again.

@woodsjmaz @nico2440443 Hey guys. I’m sorry to hear about the issues you’re experiencing.

Would it be possible for you to send a report from your units right after this issue occurs? You can do that by going to Settings > Contact us > Send report.

Thanks!

1 Like

Yep, when it occurs again, I’ll do that.

Does it have to do with the fact that I take my device to places it doesn’t have WiFi access? I can understand it would timeout…but that’s the purpose of this device.

I’ll also send a report when it occurs again

Happened to me too, just last weekend. I was thinking you guys are rebooting a server or something…

I just had this happen to me again - sending a report. How can I help you associate this report with the problem? Do you need a device ID or something to identify the correct report?

there are several enhancement requests around this. Here is mine to use a pin-code associated with the log in account rather than the account password. There is another entry by someone else that suggests using QR codes. Vote for the one(s) you want:

I agree that’s an improvement, but why should it sign-out ever? That’s poor user interface management.

It’s a bug, NDSP seem to be working on it