Quad Cortex questions

According to a speaker designer whose expertise I respect, a speaker’s response doesn’t become “dynamic” until the speaker is getting destroyed. Consequently, what most people think of as “speaker distortion” isn’t actually the speaker distorting.

2 Likes

Which one has the rumor? :stuck_out_tongue:

I would think helix, their 3.0 fw is near and at least back when i had one - delay would not carry over when switching presets. Though I haven’t been following any of that lately, that’s what my money’s on.

I have been waiting to see the answer to this question as well. I have a guess, which is completely baseless, but I am expecting the answer will be no. My theory is that because the modeling does not appear to be at the component level, they are simply capturing the sum of the parts as best they can rather than theoretically replicate how each part influences the end result.

If this is the case, it would at least be possible to do a capture of just the preamp only, the power amp only, and both combined (i.e. a normal full amp capture). The TBD question is will using the separate pre and power amps in series net us the same results as a capture of them combined.

Not expecting Neural to chime in. They have been non existent on theses forums unfortunately. Time will tell.

2 Likes

Yeah they don’t seem very active which is a shame on their own forum.

3 Likes

Yup. It does give me some pause. Hope they at least change that after release. It is definitely a must.

Agreed but it not.just here as far as actual QA anywhere on their FB or IG accounts details have been scarce
Even Stephen Ward who does weekly
Youtube live wont answer questions at this time
My guess is they are still working on release firmware and features

Anyone heard of the computer requirements for the software and phone app?

I have an audio file/looper question. Please advise if easier solution that isn’t a laptop+audio interface option. I’m wondering/hoping the looper could have the ability to playback pre-recorded backing tracks (e.g. loaded in via USB) as files that support more than 2 channels of audio and route said channels to independent outputs.

e.g.

Click to Out 1
Drums to Out 2
BV’s to Out 3

Effectively functioning as an audio interface for monitoring.

Hope that makes sense!

I’d like to use an expression pedal with a toe switch, for example, to switch between a volume control to wah and back or to switch from volume and controlling a delay length, or various other applications. I notice the Quad Cortex has and Exp 1 and Exp 2 and the descriptions says:

“Dual Expression Inputs: connect up to two expression pedals. They can be assigned to control wahs, volume, as well as pitch-shifting algorithms”

Will it be possible to use Exp 1 for expression pedal and Exp 2 for the toe switch? Is there some other mechanism to use the toe switch?

Also, will the Quad Cortex support both 10K and 25K Ohm Potentiometers?

I’m looking at the Mission SP-1 or SP-25M-PRO Aero.