Quad Cortex Development Update #46 CorOS 3.0.0 and PCOM

Hopefully after the plugin compatibility is done the updates will be more regular, since they won’t have all their staff working on that one thing

6 Likes

thank you sweet baby jesus for ir and capture organization :handshake:

2 Likes

Thanks for the update, some interesting features but sadly you seem to have overlooked the two most frustrating aspects of living with a QC; the absolutely awful way you change Modes (I have posted multiple times about the dangerous possibility of changing Preset accidentally halfway through a song if you press the Preset Down switch a fraction of a second before you press the Tuner switch in your attempt to press both simultaneously) and also the bizarre way that pressing the ‘Undo’ button when editing a parameter in a Block automatically exits to the Grid, so you can’t see what change has been undone.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix these and I’ll a) shut up and start enjoying the QC and b) maybe feel brave enough to use it live

9 Likes

Hey! Does that mean that the “free” item for the early adopters is on the way? :thinking: :laughing:

1 Like

“If you are a Quad Cortex user who doesn’t own the plugins but wants them on the Quad Cortex, we recommend you wait for the accompanying CorOS version to be released”
This suggests that us early adopters will be getting some free plug-ins:-)

No it doesn’t. It says that when you buy a plugin you wanna use on the QC it’s recommended to check if it is compatible first. Because otherwise you might buy it and it won’t be useable for you for quite some time.

5 Likes

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Lots of great features, many thanks NDSP!!!

2 Likes

I’m very happy with everything that has been announced. Thank you NDSP, hopefully “soon” isn’t too far off.

3 Likes

This post is tad confusing because it says “all users” and your including Plini X and Gojira X in the list. The update states:
"The following plugin devices will be added and will only be available to users who own licenses for Archetype: Plini X or Archetype: Gojira X."

Anybody complaining about this CorOS update not being good enough is clueless. This is an epic update that will give non-plugin owners a ton of key vocal utility blocks for free, provide plugin owner access and address several user experience improvements. I am curious if the transpose/doubler block will have selectable semitones for pitch-based harmonies. Looking forward to this one! Great job Neural!

11 Likes

Bro this is definitely much-needed!

2 Likes

I’m not clueless, thank you, I just wish they’d fix the glaring flaws that have been there from the get-go first, then they can roll out all the other shiny stuff

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to using the Transpose if it’s actually polyphonic and works with chords. Also looking forward to buying some plugins once they become compatible with the QC.

3 Likes

Im really excited about the direction this is going. Years ago when the QC was just being announced I knew I had to get me one….but held off to see if it was really going to happen. Started picking up the plugins in the mean time, finally purchased a QC, and am really diggin it, playing live . The thought of being able to take somthing from one plugin , combine it with another and build your custom rig …. Is going to turn this into the multiverse…lol.

2 Likes

ok im confused, is this saying that I screwed up by buying SLO plugin because i should have waited for SLO-X because if so im gonna be pretty pissed because i only bought these 2 plugins a few months ago so they would work with PCOM and tehy WONT?

Nope, you’re absolutely fine. As mentioned above, SLO X is next up, and you will receive the update.

EDIT: I [probably] incorrectly posted that it would ship before CorOS 3.0.0

Just an error in the reply, the announcement from Dan is accurate- plugin devices on the QC are, as stated, only available to users with the appropriate licenses.

2 Likes

This is massive! Doubler, Sidechaining, and, ofcourse, multiple MIDI messages. This is truly exceptional, thank you guys!

5 Likes

Very cool. Seems like some fairly advanced stuff coming soon. Already been mentioned but sidechaining, monophonic pitch correction. Possibly the Transpose functionality will be the start of polyphonic processing on the QC. That would be awesome! Not low hanging fruit, these are fairly sophisticated features.

Forward motion on MIDI and QOL improvements that streamline the UI. This is all looking very promising. Hoping to see some enhancements also to the hybrid mode implementation for live performance. An area where the QC really has room to improve.

6 Likes

Well done Neural peeps! This is a very substantial update albeit just an announcement. A lot of very handy features to be sure. Was a bit disappointed there was no mention of long press function being added to the foot switches but good on you anyway!
Cheers!

2 Likes