Quad-Cortex as a VST plugin in the future

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if you (Neural DSP) are going to release a plugin version of the Quad-Cortex?

It would be really awesome to use the Quad-Cortex this way. I mainly use my PC and MacBook Pro to run a DAW and use VST plugins. Quad-Cortex would be really useful as a VST plugin for me, and I think I am not alone with this kind of setup.

I hope that you guys/gals are adding something like this to the roadmap.

All the best and stay safe,
Dan

1 Like

I don’t think so. The chains with Amps an effects needs huge CPU power. I doubt a MacBook or PC can handle that. Use the QC as an USB audio interface, that’s it.

1 Like

Agreed. One of my favorite things about my Helix is the recording workflows that Native enables. I’d love to be able to use the 4C in the same manner.

1 Like

Apple M1 and upcoming? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely agree with this.

I sold both my Helix Floor and Stomp after ordering the QC. Have been using Native (and Nolly/Plini/Cory/Darkglass) at home and for recording.

Borrowed a friend’s Helix LT for a live recording recently. Did up all my patches in Native and just dropped them in. Love that flexibility.

Unfortunately, I don’t really see this happening for the QC. It would undercut their plugin sales pretty badly.

1 Like

I never had performance issues. Usually I’m using two amp-sim VSTs and multiple effect VSTs and the i9 can handle this perfectly fine.

Don’t get me wrong, I really like the idea that I can put down QC on the ground and, use as an all-in-one amp/cab/effects unit. Although, sometimes I would like to use the features of it as a plugin. I’m just hoping that NeuralDSP is going to release something like this down the road.

Anything is possible, but my guess is that they would want to keep the Cortex a standalone product. It seems that they make plugin versions of hardware, but I’m not sure they would try to make the Cortex a plugin. Anything is possible though.

Quad Cortex as a VST would help a lot to control presets per track, but also to work like Helix too without having to route audio in and out! Is there a feature request for this?

I Use qc as plugin with dedicated patches.
Four line of USB reamping and gogogo, PC free for drums, synths and so on

Is there any way to use Cortex Control as a VST?

Simple answer : No.

Cortex Control is a kind of ‘remote control’ for the Quad Cortex, it is not a VST instrument.