Quad Cortex Acoustic Simulator

I have a Quad Cortex with the latest version and I’m doing some recording.
I know the HX Stomp has an Acoustic Simulator and we know that the QT is way more powerful BUT my question is…
Does the Quad Cortex have an Acoustic Simulation in it?
Input → Electric Guitar → Output effect → Acoustic Sound.
If it doesn’t do it I was going to buy a Hotone Omni Acoustic simulator pedal.

it has some presets configured for use with acoustic, but not really anything to convert an electric guitar with magnetic pickups into the sound of a miked or recorded acoustic guitar. However, many users have shared presets on the cloud containing captures of acoustic simulators, or better yet IRs of actual acoustic guitars that can impart a very realistic acoustic tone. However, IMO these are most effective when using a piezo p’up-equipped guitars; they are more conducive to recreating the acoustic guitar tone than magnetic pickups.

If you’d like to audition some of those presets I’d be happy to link a few here.

Thanks very much but I think I’m going to buy the Hotone Omni Acoustic Simulator pedal. It does a great job.
Thanks for the info! :slight_smile:

1 Like

xush’s mention of captures was helpful to me when I was trying to build an acoustic-like tone, so I thought I’d give some details of what I ended up with.

I used the Boss AC-2 captures by northernfox (first link below) for the primary acoustic sound. My guitar has humbuckers so I also used some pickup captures by AmuckRunner (second link). The best for my situation, as xush suggested, was Humbucker to Piezo. However, I found this was quite noisy/hissy when placed before the AC-2 capture - it’s much better placed afterwards with the gain backed off a little. A bit of room reverb helps make it feel more “real” as well.

HTH.

1 Like