Presets designed for acoustic guitars?

I’ve done some searches for shared presets on the cloud, but it’s hard because some of the presets are designed to make an electric guitar sound like an acoustic. What I’m looking for are patches/presets designed for an acoustic guitar.

Any favorites?

1 Like

Yeah I haven’t seen much. Closest thing is Raca’s piezo preset, which works pretty well with my piezo but haven’t tried it with my acoustic yet.

I made one for piezo-equipped acoustics/electrics, works pretty well for me. Haven’t really heard from other users if it translates well:

I found that one. Got it loaded in but haven’t tried it out yet.

There are some acoustic presets in the factory presets, at least I think there are some and will need to validate.

I finally got through all of the factory presets last night and did find a few that seemed to be acoustic centric. Still curious if people have found some better than others and for what reason.

2 Likes

Tried quite a few and struggled to make my own to get an acoustic sound good. Best i seen though is Cory Wongs acoustic which i tweaked and added a capture i made of a Grace Design Alix preamp. Thats what i use now and it sounds the most natural.

2 Likes

Have you shared this preset of yours?

Try this:

1 Like

Tone Ranger’s Martin D35 preset sounds great with my '76 D35 equipped with a silver thinline under saddle pickup.
TR 1971 Martin D35 - Neural DSP

Finally plugged in my Taylor 314 to see what the QC could do. Downloaded a couple of captures as some posted those are the best way to go. They sounded brittle on my system. Decided to try my own using a clean amp in QC. Used the Custom 3SE and found a couple that might work with some eq’ing. Then I just played straight with no amp and into the Roland JC cab and that sound the best. Added some compression on the front end and then played around with some effects and was actually liking what I was hearing and feeling.

I have a Boss AD10 that I gigged with and used in the studio and also Fishman Tone DEQ they both have some nice pre-amp functions. Gonna see how well I can make a capture off of those.

I made one specifically for my live acoustic gigs. Try it out and let me know what you think.

Here’s a direct link, for anyone interested: https://cloud.neuraldsp.com/cloud/p/e203e3b5-2c62-43b3-a24b-93ed91308594

1 Like

Cory Wong has one named simply “Cory Wong Acoustic”. It’s a simplistic preset but a good start, and sounds really great with my guitar. Of course, it all depends on how good the mic/guitar is that you’re feeding in.

Are there some which can make an electric sound reasonably acoustic? I am not trying to do James Taylor on an electric, but there are those songs which start with acoustic then change to electric that we do on occasion.

1 Like

There’s a factory preset for that, I forgot the name but I found it last time I had to. It’s not great, but works in a pinch.

Thanks Lex! I will dig around

I just made one to run an acoustic guitar and 2 vocals
Look for PaoloMarelli the preset is Acoustic Duo

2 Likes

I honestly just add delay/reverb and a solo boost in my patch for acoustic and use the QC essentially as a really expensive DI and effects processor :man_shrugging:

2 Likes