QC with GFI Synesthesia

I’ve exhausted all possibilities (that I know) to use a one-in/2/out Synesthesia with the QC. The sound always ends up with everything being in mono. Suggestions?
Thank you.

Need more info. What are you trying to achieve with it? (I’m assuming you want stereo…) Are you using one or both of the FX loops…?

you have the switch set to ‘stereo out’ and not ‘pre/post’ on the Syn?
Connect 1/4 cable from QC Send 1 to Syn input.
Connect 1/4 cables from QC Returns (both) to Syn Outputs. You must connect both for stereo operation, the QC jacks are mono.

Add FX Loop 1/2 block as the last item on your grid and you should be getting a stereo feed. You will need to monitor by headphones or a pair of Outputs to monitors, etc. A single Output on the grid will sum your signal to mono. A mono effect block on the grid AFTER the FX Loop block will also collapse it to mono

This is just the simplest way to configure a test; there are LOTS of other ways to insert it on the grid once you’ve determined you are getting a stereo signal

1 Like

Thank you for your reply! The problem has been solved. I had the fx loop before the amp. Simply moving it after the amp fixed the problem.

You get the chicken dinner! I had the fx loop before the amp. I never thought of lthat. I guess I thought the amp was stereo. I worked on this for 2 days and couldn’t figure it out.

1 Like