Petrucci use with Studio One V6 problems

I’ve been trying the Petrucci plugin and really like it. But, I have these weird things that happen. Sometimes the app crashes. Sometimes, when I’m away for a day, the plugin stops working, like it’s not getting a signal and I have to restart Studio One. Sometimes, the output volume from the plugin starts going down until it’s maybe 20db down.

I’m using S1 V6 and a very strong PC. Is anyone else seeing this type of behavior?

Hi @mkeilhofer and welcome to the community! I specifically use Studio One and have never had that kind of issue with the NDSP plugins. I would recommend to check and or adjust your sample size that you are using with your interface. It sounds like your interface may be having issues staying connected via USB. I would also verify that your PC USB ports aren’t going to sleep which might be a BIOS setting etc. Worst case, email support@neuraldsp.com and they will review your setup with you and get you sorted quickly.

I haven’t found their support to be that good. It’s not a connection problem. Now the plugin uses 55% of a 16-core system when used with Studio One but only 2% when used as a stand-alone app. I have many other guitar amp sims and none display these issues. I love the sound but so far, I find it unreliable.