Output meter in all modes

It would be great if Neural could add an output meter visible on screen at all times. It would really help matching volume from preset to preset as well as making sure I have max volume possible before clipping.

It might make more sense to build that function into the desktop editor rather than use the display real estate IMO.

1 Like

I like the idea of a desktop editor plus an on screen meter, and make it an option in the menu. It wouldn’t have to take much room :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Would LOVE an output meter option on the main screen. Really helps when gain staging to know that it’s not clipping or atleast compare the actual volumes of scenes as you change them, sometimes switching from distortion to clean sounds louder than it actually is.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more! Meter can be optional and/or only shows up when you open a block to change parameters. Would be great for gain staging, yes, but especially a GAIN REDUCTION meter on compressor. I would get it if there was only one compressor that was supposed to function like a simple stomp box comp, but emulating an 1176? WHERES THE METER!

1 Like

Meter always visible is requested on all pedalboards…and nothing.
Qc would be the first…i hope…;-D

I agree, a meter that can be toggled at any time would be awesome

Yes this would be a great help

Same request but with a twist. What if the developing team added metering within the tuner function. There is plenty of screen space. In addition, you could use the vertical 3 dot thing and make the metering assignable using a “q” point (like in eq’s or when u add split points in between blocks) but in this case it would give you the option to “db” wherever you’d like, be it the beginning, middle, or end of a signal chain. Advantage with this is you could tinker and “db” simply by holding the tuner pedal button. *note.I realize this post is old and/or I would have created my own request but there are a lot of “metering” requests and variations of metering. (Moderator merge?). @Neural Ive had this thing 6+ mos. Still AWESOME. Thanks for all the good work!

1 Like

Bump.

Trying to judge RMS values of presets so I can tell whats loud and whats not, right now I have to connect to my computer and meter that way.

Hello from the south of France “the Riviera”:

DAY OF VIEW METERS Output L/R PERMANENT I THINK AT THE TOP OF THE QC SCREEN JUST DURING THE TIME OF MY SCENES OUTPUT SETTINGS,
MAY BE A MASK/DISPLAY BUTTON (I am aware that for QC Developers, the permanent display certainly impacts the CPUs)
OR IF THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR SOME REASONS? THEN DO IT ON A COMPUTER WITH CORTEX CONTROL
During my settings, the multiple navigations on the QC between the Meter Views and the Amp Pedals settings etc… it’s just useless for everyone.

Visit this site to get an idea, there is a Vu-Meter pedal for your Analog Rig
a stereo model and it displays the maximum threshold in db for 1.6 Sec which gives time
to read the value in Db during an open chord example an A
https://joyemusic.com/analog-vump/

Neural DSP: You did a very good job, I don’t regret my purchase, I’m sure that the upcoming CorOs and Doc PDF updates will be Nirvana!

Rock Never Dies!

Patrick.

1 Like

Wow, this was from 2 years ago. I really hope NDSP implements this. A soon as possible

1 Like

I was corrected on this recently, and now I share this knowledge with you: long press on the outputs on the grid. A small window will pop up.

You can still change scenes and stomps with footswitches while the monitoring is on, too.

1 Like

I was one of those telling you about this feature but I would still love an always on output meter :raised_hands: Could e.g. be placed above the name of the preset flush with the top of the screen.

2 Likes