Nolly - 4x oversampling only when rendering

Is there anyway to get the 4x oversampling only when rendering audio? If not, is this something that could be added in the future?

Cheers

3 Likes

i am also interested in this option. this feature is a pretty big quality of life improvement and it should be a standard for plugins with selectable oversampling options. i am surprised there is such little interest in this aspect.

I’m not overly familiar with the plugin, but what is stopping you from just disabling the oversampling when recording/mixing and then enabling it before bouncing?

adds extra steps that one needs to account for. this can be easily mitigated on 2 tracks but sometimes you have 8 or more tracks to account for. it’s a burden than can be handled by the plugin.

Are there plugins that have this option? I mean, it might be impossible. I don’t know if plugins in a DAW ”know” when you’re bouncing and when it’s just playback.

There are actually. d16 group has this option on all of their plugins.

It is documented (on the internet) that projects in 44.1 or 48 kHz MIGHT benefit the most of the oversampling features on plugins that add harmonic content. I don’t really need this feature for my personal projects because I work on 96kHz right off the bat. But whenever a client comes with a 44.1 or 48 kHz I need to always double check each plugin before bouncing the track. It’s a tedious process that can be easily remedied by the developer. Or adding grouping or general button that can affect all of the loaded plugins.

I am well aware that there might be a niche use case for such a feature. Since most people might not care about oversampling (regardless if they understand it or not). As I mentioned in the first reply, this is a quality of life feature that would make a good plugin better.