No sound from QC on start up

Ever since updating to 3.0.0

It doesn’t happen every time, and at first I thought I was losing my mind, checking all the cables about 10 times, wondering if I’d had a ‘senior moment’ and plugged my guitar in the the output by mistake etc.

Turns out I’m not mad though, as it’s happened multiple times now, but there is no sound coming from the QC at all sometimes when I start it up; the only fix is to restart it, sometimes several times.

I’ll post a bug report, but I’m keen to see if anyone else has the same problem?

I’ve had this happen a couple times now

Yup. Wrote NDSP support 4 weeks ago. Still nothing.

Interesting - feel slightly better about it knowing I’m not alone!

1 Like

Emailed support directly and they sent me this;

Are you using the included power supply unit?

You mentioned to have been using CorOS 3.0.0 on your unit, but can you please confirm this information again?

If you are experiencing this with your Quad Cortex unit, please try documenting the issue on a short video and send it to us if it happens again. Please make sure to show the I/O meters screen on your device as well as the connections to/from your unit, and check if the issue continues happenning even while on factory preset 1A.

Additionally, if the issue arises again, send a report grom your unit when it does. You can do it directly from it by going into Settings > Contact Us > Send Report, and when completed, please let us know the serial number of your Quad Cortex.

We can then check a bit further, gather a bit more information and continue the support procedure from there.

Have you guys emailed support as well? If not please do, the more of us that have this problem the more likely they are to address it :pray:t2:

More info; Support suggested selecting preset Factory 1A, this ‘fixed’ the problem for me and I immediately got sound from the QC.

It’s not a proper fix though!

2 Likes

My QC isn’t connected to the internet, or working range of WiFi 99% of the time I’m using it. I would imagine it’s pretty similar for most touring artists, esp considering the WiFi in the unit is so picky about the range to a router. Or when the issue arises it’s right before a set, so last thought is to connect the QC to have it report the issue