No Sound from Downloaded Presets

Hi. This is my first post!! :partying_face:

Got a feeling it’s an easy fix (I just got this awesome unit) and I’ll continue w the manual and tutorials… but:

I downloaded Martin Miller’s 8 presets. No problem. But when I try playing there’s no sound. I notice there isn’t an amp or a cab…but even when I add one: still a no go.

Thanks in advance

Check the default output on each preset. It may be different than what you use.

1 Like

I’ve only made one preset (using my SD9 capture!). Def louder than others. I’ll give it a look. Thanks.

1 Like

Look at your signal chain, if a preset is using XLR outs 1 & 2 and you are using outs 3 & 4 etc., you won’t hear sound (excluding headphones), same if you are using outs 3 & 4 and the preset is configure to use XLR outs etc., you need to check the inputs and outputs of the presets.

Also recommend to review the current manual:

Started on the manual last night. Starting from the top to begin with. Appreciate the tip. I’ll check it out when I get home. Tanks fer da tip!

I did notice that there isn’t m an amp or cab in any of his presets. Is that by design? Up to the user to find one they like or use their own physical rig?
!

Looking at Martin Millers presets, some use cab blocks and some don’t. If you don’t see a cab block used, that most likely means he is using a preset with a capture of an amp/cab baked into the capture. Sometimes, the details will specify or the name used for the capture might indicate a cab/mic are baked into the captures.

1 Like

Yah: headphones work for all of them (and they’re excellent!). I think it’s that I need XLR outs. Off to Sam Ash I go.

Or just set to multi-out then you will be sure to hear it somewhere :grinning::love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Well now I’ve got a bead on the Input/Output functions. All good. Presets sound great! Thanks, guys!

1 Like

Glad you resolved and up and running! Enjoy and thanks for the update as I will now close this topic.