New User - Noise

Hi

Just taken delivery of new QC.

First impressions are that it is incredibly noisy on any of the patches with overdrive or high gain amps. I have looked at the Q&A for fixing this . I am a headphone user so my guitar is the only piece of equipment attached to it. I don’t have this problem with my Kemper.

Noise gates are less than ideal, as when the sound is starting to fade away, the sound gets very gritty at levels where the noise gate switches in.

I am also comparing it to my Kemper (8 year user).
Initially, I felt that all of the QC factory presets sounded a bit flat compared to the Kemper … then I realised that most of them are close to mono, with very little reverb, and need a wide reverb to make them come alive in headphones.

Also feel that most of the presets are geared to metal, hard rock … or are just very synthy.
So feel I need to make my own to truly try this out for clean or jazzy sounds.

I do get that the response under the fingers does feel more like a real amp … but the noise and the flat-dimensionality of so many of the patches has left me feeling very underwhelmed.

Have you adjust the input level on the I/O page? Swipe down from the top of the screen to get this page and tap on the input you are using.
The level should barely touch the yellow area, when you play hard.

Hey @Drew. I’m sorry to hear about the issues you’re experiencing.

As @beschmitt already suggested, the first thing would be to check the I/O settings panel to make sure everything is in order. Verify that you’re not clipping at any stage, and if you’re using headphones, try lowering the HP level while increasing the global volume.

Also, take a look at our troubleshooting guide to solve noise problems: Resolving Noise Problems

If the issue persists after following the previous tips, please contact us at support@neuraldsp.com so we can check what’s going on.

Thanks!