Need tips for blues tones

Hi all,

I am having trouble finding good blues tones on the cloud or with the built in amps. I have found some good rock tones, but I haven´t been able to find a good Philip Sayce tone, or SRV, or anything bluesy that I can feel happy with. The stock amps sound really bad for this purpose (at least on my unit). Could somebody please let me know a good preset or point me to something that I am missing?

I play through a Sennheiser HD650 headset most of the time, and sometimes I play through a KRK classic 5 monitor.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

1 Like

I get a good blues tone using a Soldano on the clean channel split into a 4x12 and 1x12 and pushed with a jan ray or a TS

2 Likes

Huh. I have a problem choosing from so many options. It’s filled with great amps for blues.

I would try the Redplate captures. They are really very nice and can be beefed up with some overdrives as needed. I am also one of those bluesy / jazz player and very picky with dynamics and the space between clean and overdrive. Good luck

If you don’t mind paying for captures check out https://www.amalgamcaptures.com/

They seem to be aiming at a lower gain more classic style of amps and presets. I just purchased their Friedman Smallbox package and it’s excellent. I used to own the amp and it’s spot on if not better than what I remember.

:metal:

3 Likes

Try the Morgan 50 model. It takes pedals well and gives everything from clean to edge of breakup and more.

3 Likes

I love that Amp on the QC.

1 Like

A few of the scenes on my 64 Super Reverb preset might help you out:

1 Like

Sounds great thanks.

1 Like

Thank you all for your suggestion.

1 Like