Morely ground loop hum eliminator

Anyone had any experience with these morely hum eliminators ? Seem like they help eliminate noise from ground loops.
I seem to be suffering from this and can’t seem to solve it. Saw this and was hoping it may help.

I have the Ebtech version and needed it only when using 4CM with an old Mesa but it works perfectly for eliminating ground hum.

I have one. Works great when you need it. I only connect it when I have a problem.

This is the constant sound I’m getting currently
I’ve taken a billion steps to troubleshoot this thing and I just can’t get rid of it.

(Attachment IMG_0.MOV is missing)

Yeah, try the Ebtech or similar, might be a cheap fix hopefully!

Anyone had any experience with a power conditioner ? I wonder if that would be of any benefit to me

I use a Furman power conditioner when using the QC in the studio but everything runs through that for surge protection.
I highly recommend one for at home and or studio work.

Anyone in particular you reccomend ?

I had noise issues when running 4CM. Someone recommended this device; I bought it and haven’t heard any noise since using it: https://youtu.be/KwG9iRFmY1I?t=156

I’m going to run to my local guitar center today and see what they have for power conditioners. I’ve needed one for a minute anyways.
But I may still try this. I need to figure out where my noise is even coming from first

Did you get this issue resolved? I have hum problems in my home studio, probably something in the incoming current and I looking for solutions

A good power conditioner with a good power filter (important! cheaper ones tend to just have the protection circuits but not any real filtering) can help if the problem is dirty power.

Unfortunately no.
I’ve been using a super hot gate and just living with it. :(.
I’ve never really dealt with an issue like it before. I keep reading about dirty power issues but I thought that’s what my power conditioner is for. Turns out, it didn’t change much.

So much depends on … well everything… is your guitar single coil? do you have dimmers, cheap LED lights, computer networking equipoment, etc. on the same wall power as your rig? Are you using good cables (this one gets a lot of people).

Are you connecting the QC to more than one other grounded device (your amp/monitor rig, a separate pedals power supply.

Lastly, I have had ground loop noise issues when I connected a mic to the QC and used outputs to a mixing desk and outputs to an amp. QC has a ground lift on the outputs 1&2, which worked great. But if you cycle the QC off and back on, the ground lift switch shows on but it’s not working and you have to toggle the switch off and back on for the ground lift to actually happen.

Cheap LED lighting got me as well. Some monitors put off a lot of RF interference as well.

1 Like

Yeah, that too! And that can even be dependent on other factors including the wall power. I have the same desk and monitor I used in my previous (much older home). I fought with computer noise in my pickups at that old home and had to step 3 feet away from the monitor to get rid of it consistently. At my newer house, I have no issues (and I’ve always had the same, very good power conditioner and a decent battery backup in the desk).

I’m fairly worried it’s my monitors. I run two bigger Samsung monitors and I’m afraid they’re the biggest culprit.
Is there a way around that ?

And thaaaaat…I’d probably my biggest issue haha

We just had to be a house that was 125 years old…

There are so many variables., that being said I always start with well shielded guitars, power conditioner etc. Try the monitors on/off the same power circuit as the QC and see if that makes the difference either way.

I’ll give that a shot. I’ll try going back to my older single monitor as well

I’m running a dual humbucker strandberg currently. I had a tech check the ground and they said it looks good. I know these guitars ground a little weird