Midi control of individual blocks?

First of all…I have to say this is a GREAT device! Sure, it’s lacking some things like a looper, tap tempo for some of the time-based effects etc…but MAN…the thing sounds great right out the box!
OK so here’s my question…do the individual effects have midi CC#'s assigned to them? I have 2 amps, each with effects loops (running thru loops 1 & 2 of the QC) and I want to be able to A/B between them preferably without having to assign a physical switch (which I understand CAN be controlled via midi). Currently, I have an expression pedal that does what I want but then I’m doin the “pedal tap-dance” thing. What I’d LOVE to be able to do is just send a midi (note on/off or whatever) command to the switch end of the switch/mixer combo and A/B between the loops.

IDEAS anyone?

thanks!

1 Like

Hey @Bryceboulie!

Thank you for your feedback on the unit. :slight_smile:

The individual blocks do not have any MIDI CC’s assigned to them or their parameters.

However, in your case there are a few ways you can A/B the 2 FX Loops that are on the QC’s grid.

1. Using different Scenes

Simply place the 2 FX loop blocks on the grid. Go to Scene mode, and Bypass the first FX loop block (FX Loop 1) in Scene A, and keep the second FX loop (FX Loop 2) enabled. Then go to Scene B, Bypass FX Loop 2 block and enable the FX Loop 1 block.

By toggling between the two Scenes, you should be able to A/B between them.

2. Using your Expression Pedal’s position

a. Using the Bypass assignment:

• Click on FX Loop 1, on the left you’ll see the 3-dot icon to access the menu, then click the option ‘Assign Expression Pedal’. Select the Expression pedal input you wish to use for this.
    Click ‘Bypass’ and then ‘ASSIGN’. Make sure the Bypass On switch is on ‘Heel-Toe’.
    Reduce the Bypass Delay to OFF.
    Click Done on the top right.

• then click on FX Loop 2, and assign the SAME expression pedal input as the last one.
    Same as the previous one, click ‘Bypass’ and then ‘ASSIGN’. Make sure the Bypass On switch is on ‘Heel-Toe’.

• HOWEVER, this time also switch the Invert Range to ON.

Reduce the Bypass Delay to OFF and click Done on the top right.

You should now be able to A/B the two FX Loops with the position of your expression pedal. :slight_smile:

b. Using the Splitter:

For this method, make sure both FX Loop blocks are enabled and placed on two different lanes. For example.

• Place FX Loop 1 on lane 1 and FX loop 2 on Lane 2.

• Then place a Splitter dot (S) before the FX Loop 1 block and then a Mixer dot (M) right after it.

• In the Splitter, make sure the ‘Balance’ Type is selected from the switch.
    Then access the menu, then click the option ‘Assign Expression Pedal’. Select the Expression pedal input you wish to use for this.
    Click ‘Balance’ and then ‘ASSIGN’, then click Done.

You should now be able to A<>B the FX Loop blocks with the sweep of your Expression pedal. It is an interesting way to also find blends of the two FX loops you are using. :slight_smile:

If you have any further questions, you can always reach us at support@neuraldsp.com