Looper won't stay in time with external clock

Hi everyone. I just received my QC. Really need to sync the looper to the singular sound Beat Buddy. Any news on that?

I have the beatbuddy with the QC. I can’t get it to work. It seems to work, but drifts gradually.

I know that my QC is receiving midi clock from the BB because it works for the delays, etc. but the looper doesn’t seem to work with it.

Have a try for yourself, you might be luckier than me.

I finally bought an Aeros looper after trying quite a few other pedals. It’s definitely the best looper I’ve ever used.

I will try it and revert. I really need 1 loop and I dont have the space for an added looper. Right now I am using a Ditto jam with the BB but I would love to downsize as well as use the looper X feature of uneven loop lengths. I wonder if this fix is in the works

I am experiencing same issue. Looper starts drifting. Would be great with an update on it. I have also written support.

1 Like

I think I’ve found the problem with looper drift. If the length of the loop is a repeating number then the QC must round it which can make it a different length than the drum track. For example, the length of a QC loop with a tempo of 66 and a quantize of 4 is 60/66*4 = 3.63636363636363…. So, QC likely rounds it down which ends up being shorter than the drum track.

Tempos that work for me with a quantize of 4 are 50, 60, 64, 75, 80, 96, 100, 120, 125, 128 and 150. I’ve never had drift with these tempos. It does depend on the quantize you’re using. For example, a tempo of 72 doesn’t work for quantize of 4 (3.3333…) but does work for 3 (2.5).