Long hold footswitch to flipflop blocks

I always enjoy have 2 types of the same effect. A simple delay for solo and a big tape delay for ambient. I would love to just have one footswitch for my delay and long hold the button to switch between the two blocks. You could set this w OD, one mild and one cranked. Ideally any 2 blocks could be linked under a footswitch. My old AX8 did this and I loved it, doubled my footswitches. Havent even turned that thing on since I got my QC.:metal:

When exactly does the block change on the Ax8? After a certain time of pressing or when you release the footswitch?

Iā€™d settle for tying multiple blocks to a single stomp switch like on Helix and being able to toggle the FX state.

2 Likes

It was about a second and you would see the x/y light go on and switch. I had 2 versions of every effect. It doubled ny button use, but still felt like stomps amd not scenes ( which I prefer)

Hmm Iā€™m not sure how good that would work in a live setting to get the timing right. I agree with @alec.lee that assigning multiple blocks in stomp mode would be sufficient and probably more straight forward.

1 Like

I LOVED this feature on my AX8 - by far the thing I miss the most. If this was implemented in the cortex I would be thrilled!

1 Like

I would prefer that instead of the long press, the block could be set to always on and pressing the footswitch would toggle the two settings.

Same idea, just slight different implementation.

Not sure if this has been resolved sorry just browsing through suggested topics. You can use two blocks with one pedal. first turn one active the other one inactive, then assign both in the same footswitch and now everytime you press the footswitch, one turns on one turns off.