Lock mic parameters option when cycling cabs

Say I want to toggle between cabs with a 57 & 421 with specific parameters set (position, distance, volume, pan, bypass), current setup reverts to default mics & position when cycling cabs. Would be nice to have the ability to toggle a lock between defaults & current modification (including selected IRs)

I think it is worth making this even more general - Ability to lock device parameters when changing devices. If I want to try different delays, I don’t want the mix, tempo, subdivision, etc. parameters to change

1 Like

I made an account to endorse this idea, would make the tone search a lot more streamlined. Part of the fun of a modeler is swapping between the gear but when I have to reset parameters and levels every single time it’s a bit discouraging.

Easy way to do this is to double the block…
Put the qc in stomp mode
Assign both blocks to the same footwitch and turn one on and one off.
Now… when you press the footswitch you can A B both blocks

Not quite the same thing, say you want to have a 121 front and center and cycle through all available cabs, you can’t do it because it always goes back to a 57 & M160. Creating scenes or doubling the block is a very manual way of auditioning until there’s a way to customize the ‘default’ mic settings globally.

This is a good idea, would be a nice addition to my suggested cab block rework (Modify Cab Block UI) and would be nice if you could actively select between preserving mics and/or position when switching cabs, but also preserve just position when scrolling through mics on the same cab (as envisioned in my suggested rework)

Oh definitely, add the parameter/mic locks to your UI rework and I think we’ve got a real winner, I just gave yours a vote too

1 Like