Is there an inherent problem with the Market Place development?

Non of what you wrote was unclear :slightly_smiling_face: @BrianVallotton. What throws me off is wishful thinking and misleading statements about the competitionā€™s way of handling this.

Bless

1 Like

Selling and buying is possible today, although it involves some manual steps.
One example of a vendor for high end captures of high end gear is https://www.amalgamcaptures.com/

Payment is going directly, not through the Cortex Cloud.

But yes, I understand what you would expect is quite a bit more comfortable than the current system.
And I could also imagine it could help the QCs popularity.

1 Like

Okay, thanks. I appreciate that. I personally believe that we are missing out on some nice work because people that have some of these high end setups are sitting out and not putting them up. I think it is okay for people to be paid for their work. I also do not care how Neural implements it, but I do believe that Neural should ā€œHostā€ the sale so that there is no issues with purchases. I have looked at sites where people are selling their captures, but I did not want to deal with the clunkiness of it all.

2 Likes

Yeah, that is all I am saying. I have been to the amalgam site before and yes it is an example of the kind of things that I was hoping would be hosted by Neuralā€¦ but that puts a whole other added level of work on Neural. I agree with many here that there are so many other things that would be of a higher priority for Neural. So in fairness to Neural I think they are doing the best they can and have their hands full already. Thanks for sharing here Andy.

2 Likes

Okay :+1:t2:, thatā€™s also clear - and understandable. All in one trusted place, rather than the wild west :cowboy_hat_face: right?

Bless

2 Likes

Exactly! :smile: Expectations are a funny thingā€¦ I turn on the light switchā€¦ and I expect light! I do want to have reasonable expectations. One of my favorite prayers goes like this, ā€œLord, please deliver me from unreasonable people.ā€

3 Likes

For me, a marketplace is the single biggest feature I am dying to see added. I am otherwise happy with my QC, but third party adoption by people who make good presets is lacking hard. I just want to be able to buy good quality stuff from Worship Tutorials, Tone Junkies, ToneFactor, etc.

2 Likes

I am also wanting the market place. I am also not hugely in factor of being nickel and domed but there are a couple of providers that I would buy some amp captures from that I have heard for Kemper. In the end I went for the QC over the Kemper to get a smaller and more powerful unit, but I read comments about expecting to eventually have a market place. You do not need to buy but having the option is good, especially since I am not into Metal and it seems 80% of QC content is for high gain. I also think it is reasonable for the providers to get paid for their work, and from what I have seen the prices seem to mostly be reasonable. I justified the expense of the QC because I now have quite a few amps and effects at my disposal that I would have not had without a great expense, if at all in some cases. I am pretty happy with the tones I have but always could use more, and there are some Michael Brit and Tone Junkie clean captures I would buy.

2 Likes

Hello and thanks for sharing! I also like the presets I have bought from Worship Tutorials. I have purchased some for my PodGo that I sold to my worship leader at our church. So yes, having the options for some of the better known providers would be nice and yes, I believe that paying a little is worth it for something that you can feel good about having. In the meantime we have so much already at our disposal, so ENJOY! Glad you are a part of this forum.

1 Like

Okā€¦letā€™s speculate (note I said speculateā€¦meaning I have no clue if this is even true or would be an issue). Could there be copyright issues in play? If I capture my Fuchs ODSII and Neural then provides me with a platform to sell that capture, have they created a copyright issue for themselves. I have no idea, but would speculate this would definitely be an area that had to be considered.

2 Likes

Yes I was thinking more on the other side of it. Say I buy something from one of my favorite vendors and then I shared it on my Neural page. I would be giving away something that was valuable. What would they be able to do if someone did that? So to me I can see why they possibly donā€™t even want to wade into those deep waters. Maybe in the end it would be best if we bought any premium presets directly from the people that made them?

1 Like

Was wondering along the same line with regard to presets built using purchased IRā€™s. Not sure if you can or canā€™t do that technically through the cortex cloud, and if you can, what remifications that might present.

1 Like

You canā€™t share IRs, itā€™s prevented within the cloud.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing that. I guess I donā€™t understand the difference between what I can get from the cloud and what you can get from a vendor. No biggie, but does it have to do with an internal copyright of some kind? How would the cloud know where it came from? How would it differentiate it from something someone made on their own? Just wondering. Of course I have no intention of sharing like thatā€¦

1 Like

I can understand why NDSP would not want to freely share their IRs (such as the ones included in the plug-ins that were produced by Nolly), but I donā€™t see why users should not be able to share their own. Unless it has to be an all-or-nothing thing.

1 Like

Very thoughtful @ndallago Sounds reasonable, also as @BrianVallotton wrote considering laws of different countries. Copyright laws is a jungle.

Bless

I donā€™t know the reasoning but Iā€™m sure it probably has to do with copyright infringement of some sort. The cloud provides the ability to share presets, captures etc., that you create etc., but if the preset contains a 3rd party IR, it wonā€™t allow you to share the IR and it will show up missing. At that point, you would just use your own IR/cab etc.

2 Likes

Great question and getting murkier all the time. Especially if you can publicly share a capture that was potentially made with a proprietary IR in the signal chain. Gonna be interesting to see what measures are implemented to protect IP in the future. Perhaps ultimately companies will just hope that most people will do the right thing and that will ensure adequate profits, while reconciling themselves to the fact that a certain, hopefully low percentage of users, will pirate IP.

Maybe we will see something akin to the model we saw with music pirating where services like Amazon Music, Pandora, iTunes and the like emerged and offered music at a reasonable enough price that it was just easier and less legally risky for people to subscribe rather than pirate.

Note: Wrote this and walked away for a while by which time others had made similar points. Well, I put the time in so gonna post it anyway. :grin:

1 Like

This goes back to my original question about the Market Placeā€¦ I would imagine having the site itself would not be that hardā€¦ but things of this nature was what I was thinking could be holding it up, or maybe they have determined that it is not worth the hassle on their end. All conjecture on my part, IF I were them I would not want to take on possible legal issues and/or financial grievances. Their hands are already full on product development etcā€¦

I would add one major point. Neural could just come out and tell us all what their plans are on this subject. I donā€™t know that there will be a Market Place or not. I would imagine plenty of people that want to buy and sell in a Market Place could benefit from knowing one way or another so they can strategize their own way forward on things.

1 Like