Key Questions for NDSP regarding QC

Hello all. As, I’ve had an order in for a QC for about 3.5 months, I’ve distilled down my questions regarding the future of the QC to 2 key questions:

1. Will we be able to use elements of the plug-ins/Archetypes alongside blocks currently in the QC? (Or rather would we have to “live in the ecosystem” of the plugin or archetype once integrated to the QC… Could we one day use the harmonizer from Tim Henson with an amp from Plini and a fortin pedal from Fortin Cali together in a preset…).

2. When NDSP releases new Plug-in with new effects (i.e. transpose, doubler, metronome in the new Petrucci archetype) will those elements then be integrated into the QC without having to purchase the plug-in?

I would appreciate a response by someone at NDSP, perhaps Mike_NDSP or someone else, to share with us the vision moving forward. If this would be better for a News release, that would be fine too. I think these answers would ease a lot of users minds moving forward. Take as long as you all need with future updates but share some transparency with the vision of your product. The initial vision is what I fell in love with in the first place.

——————————————————————————————-
If you want my 2 cents on these issues, read below:

Regarding question 1: I would see a major advantage of owning the QC if you could use elements from multiple archetypes together. If this is not possible, and you have to live within the ecosystem of the individual plugins then I’m sure you could just gig with your laptop.

Regarding Question2: $1850 is a lot of money for a piece of gear. And what it currently does seems fantastic, but I would feel like it is a better value if the future R&D of new effects from Neural were going to be included in the QC without having to be nickel and dimed (“squeezed” for more money) by NDSP requiring me to purchase the plugins in order to get some key effects that are mainstays of the other floor modelers. Honestly, If that is how it is going to be, I would almost prefer to go all analog and invest in actual stomp boxes if I’m going to have to buy a new archetype every few months. If you have to purchase individual effects by purchasing individual plugins on the QC, I might want to put my eggs in a different basket. I mean no disrespect, but I don’t see other companies doing this.

Thanks!

3 Likes

NDSP has stated that the ability to use their Plugins in a future firmware release will be forthcoming. But you’ll still need to have purchased the plugins.

I’m sure there will be additional effects offered. Whether they will offer certain aspects of existing plugins? I would expect new effects for sure that incorporate functions of their existing plugins.

The future for the QC looks bright for sure. Just seeing their success with plugins makes me confident there will be some pretty exciting updates coming down the pipe. $1850 is a lot of money for sure. But when you figure in what you get with the Capture function and the ability to take existing pedals and amps with you in such a small form factor. Heck, some ppl spend that on a good tube amp head. To me it’s well worth the price of admission.

I agree. Future is bright for sure, but also a little foggy :slight_smile: some clarity would be appreciated.

To follow up, I can understand if you want to use the lead amp from the Tim Henson archetype, then you’ll have to buy the plug-in.

But I don’t think you should have to buy the plug-in to have a harmonizer on the QC

Yes, totally agree. I think a harmonizer effect would be super cool.

1 Like