How to use an expression pedal connected to QC in plugins?

How to use an expression pedal connected to QC in Archetype plugins?

Midi learn in Archetype doesn’t work, no anything, but I can use with QC.

My expression pedal is m-audio ex-p and running macOS also I checked midi studio but there is no any expression pedal.

Appreciate for your help

I’m not completely sure but I think you need to send midi cc messages to control the software and I don’t think an expression pedal plugged in to the QC has the ability to do so at this time.

I’m on Windows, but it should be similar on Mac:

• In order for the Plugin to receive MIDI commands, you first have to tell the QC to send those commands:
  • Select any Preset on your QC (or better yet : create a new preset solely for this purpose)
  • The on the ‘dot dot dot’ menu in the upper right corner of the QC, tap on ‘Preset MIDI Out’
  • Tap on the Exp1 or 2 and assign it a type ‘CC’ , select a channel and a CC# ( the default should works, but in a DAW, I had to change the channel & CC# because the DAW was using channel 1 for other purposes…)
  • If you choose to run the standalone version of the Plugin, verify in the ‘cog icon’ (configuration) that it uses the Midi input from the QC
  • If you use a DAW , same thing : check that the DAW is allowing the midi messages from the QC to go into the plugin (the exact procedure very according to the DAW)
2 Likes

Great! It works.

Thank you so much buddy!

1 Like