Horrible digital crackling and distortion over USB

“ An issue leading to output cracking at high signal levels during certain startup conditions.”

2 Likes

I downloaded the new update and latest drivers. It has not been fixed. I also again tried letting the issue start occurring, then swapping the USB cable to my 15 year old Focusrite interface, and the issue stopped as soon as I swapped the cable. Then, I swapped the cable back to the QC and it immediately started again.

This is not during startup and it is not over output. It is only over USB when using the QC as an audio interface. It happens during any audio interaction, such as recording or playback. With or without a DAW. I can be recording, listening back to a recording, listening to random music, or watching YouTube.

1 Like

I am also experiencing this issue and have given up using QC as a recording interface. Have tried on two separate PCs running Windows 10 and Windows 11, latest drivers, QC fully updated.

@Scottiopause After quite a few emails back and forth with Neural, they have asked me to ship it to them for repair. I just did today, so I can let you know the outcome of it. But you can also email their support as well and maybe get this outcome too

It would be great to know if a repair fixes the problem. I’ll look forward to your update!

I too am experiencing the same problem. As an alternative, I was recording using the SSL12 audio interface.
I wanted to use the reamp feature this morning, but I’m upset that I had to give up due to the same problem.
We suggest sharing the usage environment (Installed ASIO Drivers, OS, etc.,) with other experiencing the same problem.

DAW : Cubase 12 pro
RAM : 64GB
CPU : Intel(R) Core™ i7-9750H
Installed ASIO Drivers

1. ASIO4ALL (v2.15)
  2. Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver
  3. Magix Low Latency 2016
  4. NeuralDSP USB Audio Device (v5.58.0)
  5. Realtek ASIO
  6. Solid State Logic ASIO Driver (v5.30.0.13)
1 Like

Hi! I have the same problem. I checked on several Windows computers and it’s always the same. Has your QC returned from the service and everything is working properly? Regards!

I get dropouts and digital pops sometimes and then reset the drivers and I have a pretty powerful PC. Although it’s better than it used to be, the driver that’s used is outsourced to a third party and I think for the most part it sucks. Never had any other problems with other audio interfaces.

I have had this happen when my audio interface is powered on before my system has booted (Linux). It doesn’t happen when I power the interface after booting. In my case I figure it’s something to do with the sequence of devices getting registered on the system.

Got my QC back a little while ago and I’ve been testing it out. So far, everything seems ok now! Neural said they replaced the USB connector in my QC and tested it themselves and had no issue. I had it happen again once shortly after I got mine back, but it didn’t seem to affect the USB output signal that time. Now, it seems to be ok so far.

2 Likes

Hi! Is everything fine all the time? Has the problem gone completely? no disruptions while playing? Regards :slight_smile:

Hello, I’m in exactly the same situation, and I can’t find a solution. All the drivers are up to date but the sound becomes randomly reboots. has anyone found a solution? thanks