Higher quality power cable

The ac adapter that is included is very low quality. A device this expensive needs a quality power cable. Doesn’t matter how tough the buttons or case are when the cable breaks. It is very odd a mismatch to have a durable unit with a toy cable. Please update this and for those that already have them sell them as accessories.

Here here… totally agree the power supply is a bit disappointing but i think thats not ndsp qc specific issue the line 6 hx stomp ps is poor as well. But with the qc being such a slick unit i did expect better. A updated or better option would be great

1 Like

really ought to be built in with IEC. Oh well - maybe on the QC2

1 Like

Don’t say QC2, my wallet is already crying!

3 Likes

Agreed, I was disappointed with the power supply quality. I ordered an after market PSU by a company in the UK for around £17 which alleviated my anxiety on gigs.

Absolutely on letting the company know that for a good quality unit, the power adapter is super flimsy, thankfully my only gripe. At least until it frays out overtime with heavy road use! lol

1 Like

Hi Sam - which PSU did you get?
Many thanks

1 Like

I would also appreciate if you could tell us what and where did you buy, Sam. The PSU has kinda weird parameters and I not able to find anything similar in any shop in my country. I won’t trust no-name ebay stuff :slight_smile: .

By the way I totally agree with IEC plug. If you guys have more electronics on your pedalboard, I would consider buying some higher-end power supply from Cioks (DC10). It is the only supply I have found that can handle QC => you can get rid of the stock PSU and use IEC only. But for me it is an expensive overkill :-(.

The PSU I bought is this:

https://myvolts.co.uk/product/78459/UK_12V_myVolts_Premium_Power_Supply_compatible_with_Neural-DSP_Floor-Modeler_Quad-Cortex

1 Like

Any 12v 3a laptop style PS will work. Digi-Key sells the Globtek PS which works perfectly and much more robust than the OEM PS.

I have couple of notebook adapters and neither is 12V or has 3A (actually I believe you only need around 1,5A - somebody tested it). But it is a good point.

I think someone verified it never pulled more than 2a but I had found several 12v 3a replacements on Amazon prior to purchasing the Globtek PS from Digi-Key.