Global Bypass of Speaker and Amp sims, Global control of default outputs

Will the Quad Cortex have a “global” option to:

1. bypass ALL amp models within the existing presets (allowing them to be re-enabled manually as needed)

2. bypass all cab/speaker models within existing presets (allowing them to be re-enabled manually as needed)

3. change the default output from the XLR (output 1,2) to 1/4 inch (output 3, 4) - or to any combination of outputs (XLR-L and 1/4-L, for example)

My current rig will use the QC in 4CM, or as a preamp/amp model going into the return of my guitar amp.

For ease of use, all the presets in the QC need to have a default 1/4" output (currently defaults to XLR) and speaker sims ALL bypassed.

I may or may not wish to use my guitar amp’s preamp, in which case I would either go 4CM or into the Return, requiring amp sims to be ALL on or ALL off.

I do not want to have to do that manually. Can we have a global bypass option for each category of effect, starting with speakers and amp sims?

We might also want to disable all gates, all reverbs, all… you get the idea. Once globally disabled they could be individually re-enabled as needed manually.

Thanks!

Coming from Axe FX II, I’m really missing the global bypass for Cab sims as well - moving from jam room, where I go into the FX return of a 2 x 12 combo to the stage where I just go direct FOH, this is a super handy feature.

Coming from Kemper Land, I’d really love to see something like global cab sim disable for only outputs 3/4.

This way we could run live cabs on stage but still run cab sims via xlr without having to do it manually or extra re-routing. This would make factory presets more easily usable in this context.

Chairs!

1 Like

It’s Feb 2024 now, but still we don’t have Global Bypass of Cabs and IRs for each output.
Global EQ can be bypassed by the outputs on the Global EQ option, so I really need the same function for the Cabs and IRs.
Then I could omit the splitter in the row 3 and 4 that divides Output 1 with a cab going to the house and Output 3 without a cab going to amplifier.

1 Like