Cab/IR Global Bypass what is it good for?

Hi, i was hoping that this feature would make it possible to bypass an CAB Block on a specific Output, much like my kemper did. The Output with the bypass goes to my amps effects return and the unbypassed Output goes to FOH. i could so spare all of the double “after-Cab” effects, which eats processor power. But that does not seem to be the idea behind that new feature? what is this good for then?

2 Likes

They really need to add Global Bypass based on physical output. It seems like they responded to the feature request for this with a feature that probably significantly fewer, if any, users were asking for. It may come in handy in some setups but not nearly as much as a bypass based on which output you are connected to.

1 Like

Essentially I think it’s for people that might use a power amp and normal cab one night, then switch to a fully DI’d set up the next night.
It just means you can bypass all cabs without editing every preset.

Unfortunately that’s not really very useful for 99% of people I think.

I too was hoping it would work how you are wanting it to. Even making the send blocks able to use outputs 3/4 would work, and we could all just add that in before the cab and put any effects we need before it instead.

At the moment I am just having to sacrifice the effects loops as amp sends instead. Which is annoying as I could really do to use them.