Getting started with Archetype Nolly in Reaper

Hi all. Big dumb animal here. Just purchased the Nolly Archetype and am trying to figure out how to get the darn thing running in Reaper. I saved all the files into a separate “VST Plugins” folder for ease, but when I go through Reaper’s preferences to add the folder, I can get it to recognize the folder but when I search the VST I’m seeing anything that says Nolly. What am I missing? Not having much luck with YouTube as everyone tends to either skip this step or not address it directly.

Thanks in advance.

-Big dumb animal

Hey @erik.robertson. Does the standalone version work as expected?

Maybe Reaper accidentally blacklisted the Plug-In. Try re-scanning: (Options>Preferences>VST>Clear cache/re-scan).

If that doesn’t work, reinstall the Plug-In with the exception of adding a subfolder containing it (example C:\ Program Files \ VSTPlugins \ Nolly ). After that, check if Reaper recognizes that folder and Clear cache/re-scan again.

If it still doesn’t show up, try reinstalling it on a custom location (for example, a new folder on your desktop), add that custom location as a new VST path in Reaper (Options>Preferences>VST>Edit…>Add…) and Clear cache/re-scan. Finally, click Apply/OK and restart Reaper.

1 Like

Ok don’t laugh, but I can’t even figure out how to open the stand alone!!!

I’m clicking the shortcut and nothing is happening:/

Maybe you haven’t activated your Plug-In. Please install iLok License Manager and sign-in with your iLok account to activate the product.

For further information check this video: https://youtu.be/xVSRLg6NOY0

You can also contact support@neuraldsp.com to receive additional help.

1 Like

Wow. No, I haven’t done that, but the confirmation email had zero direction on that so was I supposed to know. I know I’m a knucklehead but some direction would’ve nice. Working on this now and will keep you posted. Thank you.

1 Like

Ok fully installed in iLok. Next step is to get Reaper to recognize DSP!

Stand alone working, but with latency.

Which interface are you using? Open the standalone audio settings and be sure that your settings look like this:

• Audio device type: ASIO
  • Audio device: (this will vary depending on your interface)
  • Sample rate: 44100 Hz
  • Audio buffer size: 128 samples

Using Windows 10. Switching to ASIO helped a ton, but for some reason now I can’t select below 442 samples. I saw 128 samples a while ago but not anymore. Audio device is Focusrite 2.0

Scroll up and down the list with the mouse wheel. Keep in mind that the audio buffer size in the example is referential. You may find that a higher/lower buffer size works better for you.

1 Like

ok haven’t been able to change the sample rate, but finally got Reaper to recognize and open the VST and it’s sounding good with no latency. So, yay!. Thank you so much. You’ve been a huge help!

1 Like

Glad it’s working. Remember that you can contact support@neuraldsp.com if you have any questions.

1 Like