Garage band issue

I downloaded the Nolly setup on my desktop and it works perfectly fine however when I downloaded it on my laptop I can’t get it to work in garage band. the standalone app works perfect on my laptop and in garage band I can see Nolly right there in plugins but when I click it says this

Archetype Nolly could not be loaded. Please contact the software publisher for support using this software.

Error details:

The PACE License Support software required to validate the license for this product is not running. Try restarting your computer. If that doesn’t help, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the PACE License Support software. The latest installer can be found here:

http://www.ilok.com

I checked ilok and this computer is activated for it which should be obvious sense the standalone app works fine. I’ve tried deleting it and reinstalling it but still nothing. please help? lol

Hi @vincentav89. GarageBand is not part of the supported DAWs, but you can try disabling Gatekeeper:

1 Like

Hi. Has anyone found a resolution to this issue. I’m facing the same problem with GarageBand.

@selarom.jl Unfortunately, disabling Gatekeeper is the only workaround at the moment.

Thanks @Gonzalo, I should’ve researched the compatibility before buying. I was thinking about moving away from that DAW and this might be the clincher.

1 Like

I’ve been using Archetype Plini since December '20 with GarageBand with no issues. Since a recent OS update to MacOS Big Sur 11.6 I now have this error and nothing works. The Terminal code, re-installing iLok, restarting, repeat don’t work. Does anyone have any ideas? Are we saying we have to upgrade to Logic in order to use this plugin?

Please help!

I’m in the same position as you are in. Everything was working perfectly fine for me up until today and now suddenly I am encountering this issue. I never had to use the Terminal code to run it in GarageBand, but I gave it a shot today and still nothing. Both iLok, GarageBand, and MacOS are fully update.

Super frustrating.

@alexanderholmes87 @bearors - Hey!

Sorry to hear you’re having troubles. GarageBand is not a supported DAW for Neural plugins. However there was a workaround as @Gonzalo stated above.

It appears the most recent GB update has caused problems with this work around. The support team is investigating to see if there is something we can do on our end about this. Since this is not a supported DAW we cannot guarantee a solution.

Someone from the team will post to this thread once we have an update.

If you have any further questions please email support@neuraldsp.com thanks!

Hi, for anyone still interested: There’s been a GarageBand update recently, and it fixed the plugin issued for me. I’ve tested the following plugins:

• Parallax: doesn’t work (but it hadn’t worked even before the issue in this thread came to light)
  • Nolly: works
  • Gojira: works
2 Likes

@jv0521 one more to add to your list: Plini = broken, but can work.

Apple had released an update at the end of 2021 that seemed to fix the issue with Archetype Plini, but GB 10.4.5 seems to have broken it again (getting the same PACE error as OP). Fortunately, the Terminal workaround posted by @Gonzalo seems to be working again. Fingers crossed the plug-in it doesn’t break again with the next GB update.

Can’t help but think none of this would be an issue if you guys would’ve registered your product with Apple. As it stands now and as I understand it, the only way for me to use your products with the DAW I’m most familiar with at the moment is to disable my systems malware protection. That’s not a fix guys. And it’s not happening. There’s other AU’s out there. I’ll check some of those out.

Yeah, reach out to Apple. GB is not supported for NDSP plugins as stated above.
This is not a NDSP issue, they are researching if they can provide a solution on their end but in the long run, up to Apple to make their plugins supported.