Hey guys, this is my first time ever using a digital plugin / interface, I finally made made the upgrade from a traditional amp. I finally got the plugin up and running, but I’m having horrible latency issues. I’ve watched some tutorials and installed ASIO but I am still super lost because I’m not getting any audio through my Focusrite Solo 2nd gen through ASIO. I’m on windows 10 and running 64 bit as well. Any help would be nice, thank you!
Hello @kolby.halvorson. Please be sure to install/update your audio interface driver from here: https://customer.focusrite.com/en/support/downloads
After that, open the standalone application and make sure your audio settings look like this:
- Audio device type: ASIO
- Audio device: Focusrite USB ASIO (this may vary depending on your interface)
- Sample rate: 44100 Hz
- Audio buffer size: 128 samples
Okay I have all those settings, but still nothing. I installed ASIO but never really did anything to set it up, could that be it?
It may be. Please open the standalone application, audio settings, click the “control panel” button and upload a screenshot of it.
Also, you don’t need to install anything other than the audio driver since the ASIO protocol is included with it.
Also, I don’t think it matters, but I am not running audio through plug in speakers, just straight through my laptop speakers.
Thanks for the screenshot. Please do the following:
- Uninstall your current driver (if you have asio4all installed, delete that as well).
- Restart your PC and install this driver: Scarlett Solo 2nd gen
- After completing the installation, open the Windows control panel and make sure that your audio interface is the default device in both “Playback” and “Recording” tabs. Also, ensure that you don’t have any additional device enabled.
- Open the standalone application and replicate the same settings as above.
After that, check if you experience the same issue. Try to use some speakers or headphones connected through the interface to monitor the signal.