Expression Pedal Latency - no bueno

As @nico2440443 mentioned this has been identified on our end and is being worked on. Please stay tuned for updates.

5 Likes

Add me to the list.
Big lag with Expression Pedal for volume, whammy and wah.
Hope it can be fixed.

1 Like

Did this get a fix?

I think itā€™s better, but not fixed yet for sure.

No latency (noticeable) after last update and using a Moog EP-3 with zero issues.

Same here I still feel latency with wah and whammy with corOS 1.3.2ā€¦
I wish it can be solved soonā€¦

I am also experiencing some latency with expression pedal here (CorOS 1.3.3) this issue needs a correction. Itā€™s kinda difficult to handle such a latency.

Hi @EdaxNox and welcome to the community!
I am using a Moog EP-3 and not able to duplicate any latency etc. Have you tried to calibrate your EP following NDSPā€™s directions? If so and you are still experiencing issues, please reach out directly to NDSP via email: support@neuraldsp.com and they will get you sorted.

@EdaxNox The latency is bad, itā€™s there, itā€™s virtually unusable -

the worst part - the developers at neuralDSP canā€™t sense it or are in denial of it

I emailed them directly as soon as I noticed the issue and they told me ā€œhaha I didnā€™t really notice any but weā€™ll look into itā€

well then you shouldnā€™t be designing a musical product

no latency that YOU noticed. Compare it to a real true-bypass wah pedal and get five different PROFESSIONAL MUSICIANS to give second opinions on a direct comparison to absolute-zero latency true-bypass stand-alone wah pedal VS. a simple single wah pedal setup on the QC.

I do not for a second want to hear a Neural developer talk about how they ā€œdidnā€™t noticeā€ - get in the lab and prove it, show me the results or just donā€™t even bother

Iā€™m running CorOS 1.3.3 with a Mission Engineering SP1-ND expression pedal.

Compared against my Dunlop Wah Iā€™m not experiencing any latency.

Might break out the oscilloscope a little later if this discussion gets any more heated! :joy:

@Chortler57 - Hey! Sorry to hear youā€™re having trouble. This has been resolved and we havenā€™t received any other reports about this so there may be something else going on if youā€™re still experiencing latency. Please email support@neuraldsp.com , it may not be the solution you want to hear but ultimately they are the only ones who can help you.

1 Like