Expression As Global Volume Pedal

Yes, please! For the tuner on at 0 volume, I think it would also be nice but it not as big a want.

not a big fan of this… we all use the exp pedals in a different way, having it instantly send to tuner would mess me up since i dont use it for volume, and configuring it to whatever block you want takes like 3 presses and 10 seconds. It would really be more work to on every preset deconfigure it and reconfigure to a new block .
That said, adding the functionality to immediately go to tuner when off would be a cool addition

2 Likes

Could we please get this feature now? Global control over volume is kinda essential for a lot of players. Having to assign an expression pedal to control volume on each patch is a bit burdensome.

with the new volume block this doesn´t seem likely unless every preset and new chain was to have a volume block precharged.
seems like their intention is for the grid to be completely blank and have no processing until you personalize it.
with the volume block it should be easy to just add it to whatever you want personalize everything and just have it saved. seems easier to have users configure what they want instead of having to deconfigure things to get a blank slate.

2 Likes

So are you saying I could add this volume block, save the expression pedal as a controller, and it will now be mapped to whatever preset I add it to each time?

I mean, it’s possible with other modelers to have a global volume setting. They have global settings on other features of the QC. I could run two expression pedals, one as a global volume, and a 2nd as a controller for whatever I wanted in each patch.

Yes- I assigned mine to the XP then used the context menu option ‘set parameters as default’ and now everytime I add that block it’s automatically preconfigured, yes. It’s a bit of a shortcut at least, until they add a global setting (if they ever do)

In fact, if you put that pre-configured Vol block in a template with any other features you like to have in all your presets and save it as a template it’s almost as good as having those Global Features. You just have to remember to start building from the template rather than from scratch

4 Likes

It’s nice that we have a volume block now. A global volume would be very unwise. Per patch is the way to go and this is what they just did.

2 Likes

Why? As long as it is an option it should be no problem. The tip from @xush regarding setting it up as a block default does make it a much less urgent request though.

2 Likes

+1 for the option of a pre and post global volume pedal, I also really like the idea of the option for volume down - tuner.

midi exp pedal commands in general needs some love from QC