Dual Expression setup: Mission Engineering EP1 + SP1

Hey Guys.

I recently jumped onboard, after looking at the QC for more than a year. When the desktop controller released, i couldnt resist anymore. I own a handfull of plugins, and the fact that support for those on the QC is on the horizon, didnt help either. :slight_smile:

Im glad!

The thing feels and sounds alive. Great great tones, lots of flexibility, the OS with its cloud sharing etc, love it.

I come from using Headrush for a couple years, into using hardcore plugin setup using gigperformer.

I went for a dual expression setup, with the SP1 as volume, and the EP1 with a springload, for wah/whammy etc. This way i dont have to push a button to engage the wah/whammy; its just instant available. And, i dont have to be affraid i dont disengage the effect, because i didnt rolled the pedal back all the way. The pedals are expensive, but they are built like tanks, and my feet feel grounded and secure when operating them.

I thought id share a few pics of my simple setup. The board is a cheapo 60cm from Thomann. Works fine! I plan on buying a Strymon CloudBurst, as i find the reverbs in the QC to be fine, but not exciting. CloudBurst is indeed exciting! :slight_smile:

1 Like

very nice setup! I use the SP1, and you bring up some good points about the switch not being the most versatile approach for multi-fx’ing.

I’ve worked on recreating certain cloud and blooming verbs based on the Strymon stuff. I put a few presets on the cloud. It takes a lot of blocks, and sometimes even rows, but I think you can get pretty close to some of their more ambient fx by building combos out of what we presently have on the QC.

1 Like

Thanks man! I actually already have some presets, where I use the chain for reverb you made. I found them when searched for cloud and strymon. They are alright!

1 Like