Disable cab IRs on a selected output

Yes please!! without this, browsing the presets is very painful when using an actual Amp and cab

1 Like

Bump on this one. Would love to see this feature included in a future update.

I ran my Kemper this way, and it made everything super simple routing wise.
Sure I could use an fx block, or run a split. But as mentioned by others here I would then loose my post effects (delay, verb ect ect ect).

Being able to split a capture to amp/cab would be very nice too.

1 Like

Thats a mußt have in furtureupdates.
I came from fractal and it´s so easy so disable the cabsim global.
To dis/enable it on the output you want is a great way i think.
Hope it`s coming soon :slight_smile:

This would be so amazing! Hoping this comes in an update soon!

1 Like

You’ve got my vote. I also used this feature on the Kemper. If you’re monitoring though a physical amp/cab while also sending to FOH, this is almost a no brainer. It made all the difference in the world for my bass rig.

3 Likes

why are people so interested in this? you can literally do this with an fx loop block before your cab block

If it can be implemented outside of the lanes, it saves a block.

It would be nice if there was a Button to deactivate alls speaker Simulations.

So if you switch the Preset the speaker is deactivated on all Presets.

If you play your QuadCortex through an power amp with an Classical 4x12 or sth like That you don’t have to deactivate all sims while switching the preset.

I suggested this and specially for outputs 3/4 only a few times here and there.

For some that may not fully understand and to add another reason.

I like my post effects after my cab/ i.r. when going to front of house.

1 Like

it shouldn’t actually matter whether your FX (time based FX) are before or after a cab block. cab blocks are just a form of EQ

Exactly, i dont want that eq affecting my signal chain in that way. It’s just a preference thing, i completely understand that it doesnt make a difference in terms of functionality for the effects themselves. A many of Axe users place a cab block at the end of their chain to go FOH with a split right before to go to their real cabs. Surely, if its fine for them and the engineers that run their sound, than it cant be too bad. Again, its just a personal preference. Gun to my head, A/B comparison, i have to pick one, I’m gonna choose post effects after the cab block. This also is because i feel that gain structure and reactive nature of the amp tone is better this way. YMMV

1 Like

Yeah - what I mean is it won’t have any effect at all on most FX because the cab block / IR doesn’t interact with the amp the way a real cab does and the cab doesn’t have any nonlinear components like a real cab. Not to say there’s no reason you’d want to do it, but it shouldn’t be affecting the tone either way

For sure the difference is negligible, some just prefer after. For me its the difference that the cab block acts like a filter so any delay and reverb will have automatic high cuts for example or possibly more emphasized lows. Another thing to point out i thought of early is how most fixed signal path multi effects units will be layed out in the same way by having the cab block somewhere near the middle and all other post effects after. I suppose, this is more akin to like a live rack system where after the cab is mic’d it then sends the mic to a series of post rack effects or even in studio settings where basically the same thing takes place plus or minus plugins these days. Although in most regular setups, all post effects are in the amps loop anyways. So in this way, its more like you’re saying I think, where it doesn’t really matter that much because it mirrors most modern real life stage applications.

I guess I’m just used to doing it this way and can be classified as a bougie neurotic gear nerd guitarist and dammit! I want my i.r. before my delay and reverb cake and have my none i.r. signal easily bypassed with a one press button and eat it too! :laughing:

1 Like

Can you not set output rows to the multi out, then set which outputs you want to have cab bypassed? You can also use panning to reduce outputs to just one side as well?

That was my interpretation/plan at least:

• Row 3+4 both set to multi out, cab bypass set on outputs 3/4.
  • 1/2 become main FOH outs, 3/4 can go to stage power amp.

I can then pan everything on row 3 one way so that outputs 1+3 are for that row, then do the opposite on row 4 and have that in output 2+4.

Yes you could do it this way but you require separate paths/rows for FOH and stage monitor. That sort of defeats at least one of the primary purposes in my estimation for having global cab/IR bypass. To my way of looking at it the whole point to having this is not requiring additional split/merge blocks or separate paths and output blocks for FOH and stage monitor. You should be able to set global bypass with an option of which physical output to bypass the cab/IR to.

That way you can have, for example, one long four row serial path that takes up four rows and terminates in an output block set to ‘Multi Out’. Plug your feed to FOH in outputs 1&2 (XLR) and your feed with (no QC cab/IR) to your amp/cab in outputs 3&4 (1/4"). No fuss, no muss, maximum flexibility. That is how I read this request. I think it covers the most common use case in the most elegant implementation.

I would keep the row-by-row global cab/IR bypass option, 'cos well, it’s already here. Adding what I think should have been the most important feature, output based global bypass would make this feature extremely flexible and be a boon to performers. Super useful for flipping back and forth between studio, rehearsal, stage, jams sessions, or whatever. One preset to rule them all, regardless of what destination equipment is being connected.

Last but not least maintaining one pair of rows for FOH (e.g. 1&2) and one pair (e.g. 3&4) for stage monitor means having to keep all your block modifications for each row pair (FOH and monitor) in synch. Perhaps I am not properly understanding the routing scenario you are describing.

3 Likes

Ah, just gone back and rechecked the video, I missed that it was per row, not per output :man_facepalming:

Yea, that’s basically useless for what I wanted to do and is only really useful for those that switch between an actual cab and just DI.

1 Like

This is a junk solution coming from a developer like Neural, one of the main limitations for me is that if I use effects with too much routing such as acoustic guitar simulators, synthesizer, 12 strings or similar I can’t put more than one send block and therefore the sound doesn’t sound as it should.

There is my point of View about this thread on an another thread

Hello, I haven’t been able to find a solution to a problem since I bought the unit in October last year.

Previously I used kemper for my sound, I was very excited to switch to Neural, among other things to process more signals at the same time and use more developed effects.

From the beginning I had problems having to duplicate my signals to be able to use a cabinet and also go out to the P.A. of the places where I play. I have tried different solutions such as placing the send block before the cabinet block to send the signal to my physical cabinet and putting the simulation at the end to send it to the P.A.

The problem whit this, is that the effects are behind the cabinet and previously I could not control the volume of the send block with the master knob, but it is currently the solution most suited to what I would like to have.

The next solution was to duplicate my chains by adding the same post cabinet simulation effects and select different outputs for each row, one with and another without simulation, the problem with this is that I have to waste a processing chain and for more demanding effects such as acoustic guitar simulation, Synthesizer or something of the style, I can not duplicate the effects and in case of having two instruments connected the outputs are amplified and it sounds too much through the P.A.

The solution I propose is to be able to use the unit just like Kemper, which has 2 outputs with cabinet simulation, and 2 without simulation, all this with an option from the menu where you can select to turn on or off the simulation of those 2 outputs. That is, I do not understand why to have a global bypass for each row, when what is needed is actually a global bypass for each output, in which I could select output 1 (xlr) with cabinet simulation and output 3 (1/4") without cabinet simulation.

3 Likes

I have been commenting on this same question in another topic of this Forum.
I think what most users who use the Quad Cortex on stage want is:

1. Play live with the Scene, Stomp or Hybrid modes so that there are no gaps when we switch between the sounds of the 8 Scenes (or between the Stomps).

2. Send sound WITH speaker simulation (CAB or IR) from XLR outputs 1 & 2 to PA (FOH mixer).

3. Send sound WITHOUT speaker simulation (CAB or IR) from TRS 3 & 4 outputs to our personal stage monitoring (combo guitar amps, power amp with speakers, etc.).

4. Use the 4 Rows of the Quad Cortex at full capacity, with the 32 Blocks available for amps and effects (don’t waste any Blocks with a “loop” utility).

5. Link the 4 Rows together:
    -Enter our instrument in Row 1 with IN1.
    -Go through 32 Blocks of amps and effects from The Grid.
    -Exit Row 4 with MULTI OUT.

So, as said in this same thread, for the sound we send to our personal monitor with outputs 3 & 4, we need the option that Kemper has:

MONITOR CAB OFF

This would be the only way we would manage to maintain 100% of the potential of The Grid (32 Blocks) and at the same time, that the public hear us WITH speaker simulation and we can hear ourselves WITHOUT speaker simulation.

10 Likes

Please add this! It would be so useful for those of use using real guitar cabs.

2 Likes