Delay trails go wonky when switching scenes....

CorOS Version: 2.3.0

Describe your issue:
Delay trails follow the settings in the scene you switch TO rather than the scene you just switched FROM.

I have a delay set on Scene H with 11% feedback, for about 3 audible repeats. I have trails turned on. I have ping-pong turned off.

I play a lead and switch to Scene E, which is my rhythm sound. The delay trails carry over, but they repeat about 12 times, and go ping-pongy.

Steps to reproduce your issue:

1. Insert a delay with the default settings.
  2. Assign the FEEDBACK and ON/OFF to scenes.
  3. Set a delay to be ON when you go to Scene H. In Scene H only, Set for 11% feedback, for about 3 audible repeats. Set Ping-pong OFF. Set trails ON. Don’t change defaults on other scenes.
  4. Set Scene E to have delay OFF.
  5. Play a lead on Scene H
  6. Switch to Scene E immediately after your last solo note
  7. The trails carry thru, but now you get about 12 repeats that ping-pong back and forth.

I expected this to happen:
When I switch from H (set as described) to E (delay off) I expect the trails to retain the settings I had set in Scene H. Instead, the trails take on the settings in Scene E, even tho the delay is disabled in that scene.

I have tried the following things:
-If I change the delay settings in Scene E to match the settings in Scene H, then the trails work properly. But I shouldn’t have to make changes to settings in a scene where I’m not enabling the effect - the trails should carry the setting they came over with.

I am unable to duplicate this issue. Can you please provide a link to your preset so that it can be reviewed and tested by others? Worst case, open an email to support@neuraldsp.com to log your issue and hopefully provide quick resolution.

Why is your feedback assigned to scenes at all? Just set the feedback to the 11% value you want and leave it “global” (i.e. not scene-assigned).

The feedback is assigned to scenes for the very reason there are scenes in the first place - on one sound I want it at 11%. On another sound I want it at 25%. On another sound I want it the whole delay off - and when it’s off, it’s settings shouldn’t affect the sound carried over from another scene.

I have made a short video of what it’s doing for me and I’ve also uploaded the preset to the cloud.

Go from H to E - Neural DSP

^^^ I think this is a misunderstanding of how blocks work with scenes. When you switch back to your scene E, then the delay block settings are going to switch over to whatever is assigned there at scene E as well. You will have to choose what feedback value the delay should have at scene E.

Bypassing a block only switches the throughput of whatever that block does. The parameters inside that block are still active regardless of bypass state. Not a bug.

2 Likes