Crossover on Adaptive Gate

I really love the Adaptive Gate block and I don’t think I’m alone in that sentiment, pretty much all of my patches use at least the input gate on a soft setting for the noise suppression.

Something I’ve gotten into the habit of doing in almost every patch is to put a crossover split between 600hz and 1100hz right after the input, run all the high frequencies into an adaptive gate block for a 2nd pass over, then loop the split back into the main line. I’ve only seen a couple people talk about this over the last few years but it almost entirely eliminates any electrical noise without affecting the input sound, I really recommend doing this if you struggle at all with excess noise.

The only problem with this trick is that it monopolizes an entire splitter line and makes it useless outside of some niche scenarios. However, if a toggle-able crossover function was added to the adaptive gate it would solve this problem, dramatically improve the blocks utility, and make it by far and away the best gate on the unit, if not one of the best gates out there.

First time I see this trick, I definitively have to try. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

there’s already another request with votes for this

Noise Gate with frequency crossover

Please use the search function prior to submitting new requests. Thanks!