Colorize Scene Labels + Footswitches

It would be great to be able to choose a color for scenes and have those show on the scene labels (swipe up in scene mode), and on the foots witch LEDs.

I assume it can’t be that hard since Stomp mode already does this.

This would be so great!!!

1 Like

I agree. This is usefull and not only esthetic. On stage, the color is more “readable”!!!

2 Likes

Just wanted to add my support for this - I remember speaking to Doug around launch and he was keen on this feature as well. I know there’s a lot going on but would go a long way toward me being able to color code each scene (like if red is my “solo/lead” on each scene) without having to remember that y’know top right is my solo/lead lol.

4 Likes

+1 for this type of feature. I come from the RJM controller world and I miss having my scenes color coded before engaging

1 Like

I totally agree! This would be a very nice feature.

2 Likes

Yes me as well. This would keep me from feeling like I need a Mastermind LT… maybe

2 Likes

Yes, great idea. I primarily use scene mode, and the colors would make it easier to switch. Hope it gets implemented.

2 Likes

We can rename scenes. Colorizing would be great. Also the ability to color and rename stomps!

4 Likes

bump and @mod - any chance to combine all these votes and threads here?

1 Like

This would be so great.

1 Like

This would definitely be awesome.
With the added possibility to assign custom switch names in stomp mode.

2 Likes

would also love this! makes it a lot easier to remember scenes if playing live

3 Likes

+1 for this. Super useful when playing live.

2 Likes

+1 We need this basic feature please !

1 Like

Please please make LEDs on switches colour assignable.

2 Likes

I would also appreciate stomp blocks of multi stomps colorable and assignable . :metal::+1:

2 Likes

Is anyone else having issues with the colour coding of the LEDs for the modes that you can combine in Hybrid mode?

In the Modes Configuration screen, the graphic shows which row is assigned to which mode by using PURPLE and YELLOW LEDS. You can then toggle which mode is on the top and which is on the bottom, and the LEDS change colour correspondingly.

However, if you combine Preset and Scene modes as a Hybrid, when you then select the Grid, the Preset LEDS do not remain Purple and Yellow but instead take on whatever colour the Particular preset has already been allocated; so for example in Preset 1A, the letter ‘A’ on the top left of the main screen is in LIGHT GREEN, and the LED on the row that you have chosen as the Preset row will change to exactly the same colour. And here is the problem; the LEDS on the row you have chosen as the Scene row are also EXACTLY the same colour too. So whenever you have the Preset/Scene selected that will light up LEDs immediately above and below each other it is now extremely easy to be confused as to which row is to change the Preset and which row is to change the Scene - with potentially disastrous results if you are performing live. So this would be a risk for Preset 1A, Scene E, Preset 1B, Scene F, Preset 1C, Scene G etc.
In other words I have 2 LEDS of the same colour in the same position - which one on which row do I press to change to the next scene? If I choose the correct one, no problem, I change Scene as intended. If I choose the wrong one however, I choose the next Preset halfway through a song - not good.

For example: in Preset 1A, using Scene + Preset Hybrid mode, both footswitches A and E will be the same colour as the letter ‘A’ on the main screen (in my case, presumably the same for everyone, this is is light green)

If I want to change to the next Scene in the same Preset, it is very easy to get confused which row I have allocated to change Scenes, as when I configured the Hybrid mode the rows were shown using Purple and Yellow, but now both are shown as Light Green.

If I select Preset 2, which in Hybrid Mode with Presets allocated to the top row would be called ‘1B’ the screen will show the letter ‘B’ in LIGHT BLUE. LED B, which is allocated as the Preset Row will change to light blue, and the Scene row LEDs will also turn to light blue.

CAVEATS:

1. Yes, the letter in the Preset name on the main screen can tell me which row is allocated to Presets in Hybrid mode; if it says 1A in Bank 1, then the next Preset would be on the top row, using footswitch B. If it says 1E in the name then the next Preset would be footswitch F, not footswitch B. But that take some mental capacity to think about all that, which I personally don’t have when playing!

2. Yes, the small mode icon in the top right of the screen in Grid mode show me which Mode is placed first, and therefore on the top row, but this is not easy to see as it is quite small, and again it takes some mental processing power to work that out while playing.

3. Gig view does help slightly as Presets are shown in colour-filled boxes and Scenes are shown with a colour-outlined box. But again the colours are the same.

A very simple fix would be to use different colour LEDs on each row in Grid view and different colour shading in Gig view…

Its already the current top feature request, as this is a general problem, not only in relation to hybrid mode: Colorize Scene Labels + Footswitches - #17 by ZdenieCzech

4 Likes

Would love to see this happen.

1 Like