Clicking on startup

I’ve done a bunch of research and am in contact with support. They’ve been very kind so far. I just want to reach out to see if anyone has had this problem and any solutions. I’m guessing I won’t hear back from them until after the weekend and I have a terrible obsessive/compulsive mind.

On start up the QC makes a loud clicking noise that lingers for a couple minutes after it has fully booted, but then it goes away and doesn’t come back. I’ve noticed that in the I/O screen return 1 is permanently highlighted even though no cable is connected. Anybody recognize this issue or have any hints at some solutions?

I sold my amp and pedal board to fund this, so it’s my only option for gigs at the moment. If I got a lemon I’d like to return in the window I have.

Thanks for your time!

Here is a link to a video showing the issue.

They’ve been known to respond over the weekend-

Have you done a factory reset yet?

Thanks for the response! I did do a factory reset via cortex control. That didn’t change anything.

Using factory power supply?
You hear the clicking thru headphones too?
Is the laptop grounded?

Yes factory power supply. I do hear it through the headphones. My audio interface it goes into is grounded. The strange thing is I don’t think it’s a grounding issue because it goes away completely after a couple minutes after start up.

You’ve tried booting up with nothing else connected?

I’ve tried with out anything connected, and still does it when I put the leads in after boot

Me: "Oh yeah, I’ve heard a click or two when booting the device up

Also me: “…nope, not like that”