Changing Presets with Line 6 FBV 3

I have this pedal working great for toggling on/off effects and on/off wah while using the expression pedal, however, I can’t seem to figure out a good way to scroll through presets (using it specifically with Archetype Petrucci).

In using the Line 6 FBV 3 (and control software), can someone explain how to set up the bank changes so they then map to different presets for A-D? For instance, Bank 1 should be presets A1 B1 C1 D1 then using up arrow to go to Bank 2 I want it to map to presets A2 B2 C2 D2 (different presets from Bank 1). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi @aamicarelli and welcome to the community.
I don’t believe the Line 6 FBV 3 controller will work for that purpose and you will most likely require a regular full MIDI programmable foot controller for that purpose. Otherwise, please feel free to inquire with NDSP support@neuraldsp.com and they should be able to get you sorted on what would be required.

You can set it up to go Previous/Next or to choose a specific preset but I don’t think there’s a way for the plugin nor the floorboard to have “preset banks” memorized. Like, you could organize different parent folders each with 4 presets only saved within them but you’re still only able to go up/down adjacent presets or assign a single preset to a stomp button.

The FBV uses the CAT5 connection correct? Or is that the older FBV pedals? If it is the CAT5 jack, how do you guys connect/use with PC? Thanks!

So just an update… JimboLodisC is right so here’s how I have it set up and takes care of the pedal board itch to keep creativity flowing.

I have a Clean/Rhythm/Lead/Other preset mapped to A/B/C/D and have the bank arrows set to up 1 and down 1 preset. The user preset folder is arranged where presets 1,2,3 are clean where 2 is mapped to A and I use the up and down arrows to toggle between the different cleans… then presets 4,5,6 are rhythm presets where 5 is mapped to B and again I have access to rhythm presets 4 and 6 within 1 more button press. Essentially I am able to access 12 presets with a max of 2 button presses. Of course I have on/off effects mapped to other buttons and the toe switch to change between expression/volume is great. Hope this helps someone else.

CAT5 only works with Line 6 amps, they FBV series also has USB out which only sends MIDI out messages but is sufficient for my use.

1 Like