Change Scene/Stomp/Preset with footswitches while in I/O Settings screen

Whenever I am putting the finishing touches on a new preset that I’m building, I’m constantly swiping down into the I/O Settings screen to check whether my scenes and stomps (I use Hybrid mode) are too loud or too quiet on the outputs. Then I return to the grid, switch to another scene or stomp, then come back to the I/O Settings. Rinse, repeat.

The I/O Settings screen applies footswitch knob-turn functions to the input/output levels, mutes, etc., but there’s currently no function assigned to footswitch presses inside the I/O screen.

It would be practical to be able to press the footswitches to change scenes, stomps, and/or presets while inside the I/O Settings screen to make output monitoring and troubleshooting much easier and faster.

• Press footswitches A-H in I/O Settings screen to change scene / stomp / preset according to the user’s current configuration

• Knob turn functions for adjusting input, output, mute, etc., are unaffected

• Current footswitches A-H which are activated are shown at the top of the I/O Settings screen

• Give users the option to toggle this function inside the Settings → Device Options menu

I had not thought of that. Great idea Nicholas.

1 Like

Why going to I/O menu to check level of each preset? Can’t you do it from the Out of each preset?

Nope. If you press on the output selection on any preset, it just shows the list of available routing options. There’s no monitor there for the output signal, and pressing on a footswitch disables that menu anyway.

Try long pressing Out :wink:

2 Likes

You have to long-press the output

2 Likes

This I how do it (long press) as well

Damn, I did not know about long-pressing the out… you just opened a new world… thanks for sharing!

1 Like

In case you also didn’t knew and did not try after learning about the outputs: You can long press the inputs too and it will reveal the input gate’s parameters. :innocent:

1 Like

Dang it, how in the world did I miss this. Thanks for chiming in.

I’m away from my QC at the moment–can anyone confirm whether you can switch Scenes or Stomps while on this screen?

You mean assigning different values to scenes directly from that output menu? Yes you can.

Alright, let me check up on this when I’m at home tonight. I’ll probably request for the mod to remove this thread so we don’t waste other people’s votes.

egg gif

I’m away too but I’m pretty sure you can switch scenes because that’s how i balance output levels. I think it stays open because you have to remember which scene is which since you can’t see them with the output block open

(Egg on face gave me a good LOL)

Confirmed. I can change scenes while seeing the output. That’s really all I wanted to be able to do here. Thanks for getting me through this, guys. Pardon the gaffe.

@MP_Mod, this thread can be closed and/or deleted.

1 Like

Thanks! Great input. i did not know that was possible.