Can the 4 cores be used as 1 big single core?

Hi everyone (first time poster)
It seems to me that chaining the cores together could provide for a more efficient use of very DSP intensive algorithms such as high quality ambient reverbs. Will the cores be used this way or will they be compartmentalized ?

-thanks-

Based on how the Quad is being advertised , I’m having a hard time understanding just how the 4 Cores are being utilized for the user.
I specifically would like to know if (all 4 Cores) can be used for a single input and not the advertised multi instrument input / output scenario ?
Will the drivers that have being developed allow this to happen with little to no latency ?
Thanks - Looking forward to a reply form Neural DSP (Doug Castro)

Yes they can be used for a single input/output. Lots of the preview videos have shown this functionality if you want a demo.

1 Like

The CPUs are allocated such that each row on the grid has a dedicated CPU. You can string the four rows together for a long path consisting of multiple rows for a single input or you can have parallel rows processing in parallel. Those parallel paths can process separate inputs or they could share an input.

3 Likes

This is also explained in the manual on page 17.

1 Like

Wonder how they’ll utilise the cores for the forthcoming looper?

speculation: Neural will recommend that you put the looper on one row by itself… this way you’re fully utilizing that core… you’ll get longer loop time and more loop tracks… you can feed the looper from wherever in your rig you want… to me the trick will be to allow seamless scene changes without disrupting the looper flow

Looper shouldn’t be a very processor-intensive block unless it’s doing funky stuff like quantization. It’ll definitely use up storage but I doubt putting it on its own row would actually help with much.

hence the word speculation