Can I make a Mission Engineering SP1-ND do two functions?

Hello everyone, thanks in advance for your input.

I have a Mission Engineering SP1-ND, and I thought I would be able to make it switch between two functions.

Let me be clear. I would like to set it up so that the SP1-ND works as a Volume Pedal, and then after I click the toe switch, it becomes a wah, or the same concept with any two separate functions.

I hope this makes sense. I was able to do this with a similar Mission Control dual expression pedal with my AxeFXII.

Is this possible with the Quad Cortex and this Mission Control pedal?

All I’ve been able to figure out so far is that the pedal can control one parameter, but the toe switch only seems to be able to turn on or off something within a preset. I’ve not figured out how to make the one pedal switch between two functions with a toe click.

Thanks!

You can - I just made a patch to test!

You’ll need two TRS cables - output 1 to exp 1, output 2 to exp 2. Add a wah block and a gain block. Assign exp1 to the wah block, and also assign it to the gain block. Assign exp 2 to the wah block bypass with the “switch on” mode set to “switch”. Do the same to the gain block, but also set “invert range” to “on”, or the opposite of what it’s set to for the wah block.

After you’ve done that, the pedal toggles between a wah and a volume pedal using the toe switch.

Maybe there are better or different methods that someone can contribute.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I figured there must be a way to do this, I just couldn’t suss it out.

I really appreciate your time and information! Cheers!!!

1 Like

Here’s a template where that’s all pre-built: https://neuraldsp.com/cloud/p/52f11f1e-cc61-462f-a61e-419976fe026e

After I posted above, I read in another thread some discussion of using an EQ block rather than the Gain block as a way to limit the gain to 0 dB.

https://unity.neuraldsp.com/t/how-to-set-up-the-expression-pedal-as-a-volume-pedal

1 Like

Outstanding! Thanks so much, everyone!

I appreciate it!

Worked like a charm! Thanks!!

Mr. Prime. I’ve just followed you over on the Neural cloud. Any chance you could upload the preset you did to make this test? That would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Sorry - I didn’t save the preset! I just made it to see if it worked the way I thought it would! If there’s a part of my instructions that you’re having problems with, I’m sure I could help.

fantastic! been trying to sort this for a while now, many thanks