Boss HM-2

I’d like a Boss HM-2 pedal added for those Swedish death metal chainsaw tones. There are a ton of other Boss pedals already on the QC so hopefully it can be added eventually.

In the meantime, there are a bunch of HM-2 captures available. I have 16 captures of HM-2W (Waza) up on Cortex Cloud, check it out.

I hope they all have the correct setting :wink:

There’s a “correct” capture of both the standard and custom modes; the other fourteen captures are junk. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

The world always needs more chainsaw, voted. Having a fully tweakable capture would be great.

These were the first captures I downloaded. Absolutely fantastic. Would be cool to have a model, but I’d probably just run it fully maxed all the time anyway. :rofl:

Did you find that the QC captured it accurately? I’ve tried capturing the Behringer HM-300, and it always captures way too much gain and something is funny in the top end.

The QC got about 95% there, but there was something just a tiny bit off about the captures, especially at the max settings. I don’t remember what that was, though.

The captures were so close, and I was satisfied because I figured the sound would be shaped by EQ / IR / amp settings in the QC anyway. If I ever needed to use it live, no one would notice.

2 Likes

I expected to see more requests for this and searched for some to vote for, but since I couldn’t find them (newby here, so possible user error), I am posting this feature request.

Gimme some extra nasties.

There are a lot of HM2 captures in the cloud. I can’t speak for their quality since I didn’t try any of those yet. Just search cortex cloud for ‘HM2’. :slight_smile:

Have you tried capturing them?
Would also love them both to exist as models though.

I have a whole bunch of captures with the HM-2W Waza in Cortex Cloud. You can search for HM-2 directly or find them under my username.

Also, this has already been requested. Please use the forum search to find what you’re looking for.

As I said in my post, I couldn’t find the request here :sweat_smile:. Probably because I typed HM2 instead of HM-2. So far I find captures are great, but tweaking is quite limited.

You are correct. Minor point but it seems like the search engine should be able to find “HM-2” even if your search string did not include the dash. Wonder whether there is a setting the admin can change to include or ignore a dash in the search results.

1 Like