Blue screen in PC when using Cortex Control and Windows Media Player

Coros and Control last updates.

With Control active, the Windows Media Player in the computer had several short stops until there was a big one with no return to normality and I got a Blue Screen in the computer.

Windows 10.

I restart the pc. Restart only the Media Player and it freezes at start.

Hard reset the computer.

It was ok until new Cortex Control. No other updates in the pc. It worked properly with Control Beta.

WMP seems to be working ok now but I’m scared of trying Control again.

My guess is you had some computer conflict with audio between both applications leading to the BSOD. There are multiple variables for a BSOD and highly doubt the Cortex Control application was the source of your BSOD. I would recommend to update your PC / drivers as applicable. Worst case you can email support@neuraldsp.com so that they can log your issue and hopefully help provide resolution but as of current, I haven’t heard of anyone having that issue etc.

1 Like

Thank you.

I’ll try to do the update of the drivers.

I generally don’t connect my pc to internet because I only use it for playing, recording and producing music and I really do hate the auto update in Windows 10. It looks like there’s not a way to disable it. So I only connect to internet when it’s mandatory, that could be the problem.

Thank you again.

I know that you can pause updates for an extended amount of time or until disabled within settings if that helps.

Thank you, but I think it’s not possible in Windows 10 unless you enter, at your own risk, the console.

Anyway I’ll check it again.

Well, you’re right about the pause option. I didn’t know it. Thank you.

As you can see, if you are interested, the permanent stop options are somehow complicated or/and dangerous for amateurs like me.

1 Like

Do you have the latest (currently labeled from August) Windows USB driver for the QC loaded? Click the ‘Windows’ button under the ‘Quad Cortex’ heading on the downloads page.

1 Like

Yes, of course.

Thank you!

1 Like

I installed firmware 2.3 and Cortex Control 1.0.0 this morning, and fired up Cortex Control to make sure it was all working. I then closed Cortex Control, but left the USB lead connected. Very shortly afterwards I had a Blue Screen error crash, which the log attributes to “Driver path C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\NeuralDSP_UsbAudio.sys”.
I have the latest version 5.58.0 installed on a fully up to date Windows 11.