Best power amp for QC (fryette PS2/ KRS PA 50)

Guys, any experience with any of these power amps? I am looking for the best compatibility and sound for my quad cortex. thank you

I have the KSR and love it, also have Synergy 50/50 which i believe is a Fryette design. I was told a power amp with KT88 is the best. Fryette has them in a couple of their PA. Maybe one day I’ll trying have no issue with what i have now.

1 Like

Hi @Kraven1978 and welcome to the community!
It’s subjective to which is the best but anything from KSR, Fryette, Matrix, Seymour Duncan etc., will work nicely. My personal favorite is the Matrix GT1000, stereo and only 1U etc.

1 Like

The matrix will best represent the sound of the QC - solid state, well built flat power amp. However, the KSR or fryette you may find more enjoyable, as they are tube amps and will color the sound with their own.

2 Likes

This power amp is extremely lightweight, extremely road-worthy, very neutral, and plenty of power. Your captures will translate well.

https://www.telonics.com/products/proaudio/pa-4200.php

Looks like a nice unit! Where did you purchase yours?

I got mine directly from Telonics. The units are truly bulletproof…

Hi Peeps,
I went with the Seymour Duncan Powerstage 700.
It’s a bit pricey but plenty of power and sounds great. I like that you have a the EQ so with different cabs you can get a bit more bottom end or take some top off too if needed.
Only down side so far is if there are 2 cabs with different impedance so then you have to fiddle about a bit with the left and right levels sometimes.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I reached out and they indicated they would need to determine if they have enough parts to build one for me but they cost was roughly the same as the QC $1850. It looks like a phenomenal stereo amp!

That looks like a nice power amp! Have you tried it powering a couple of 4x12 cabs? if so, how was the performance?

Yes, usually a JSX slant and a Blackstar Artisan bottom. Sounds great.

1 Like

They are not cheap…but yes…they do make a phenomenal power amp…!!