Basically all Neural plugins cripple my DAW

I use Cubase 9.5.
Windows 10.
16gb RAM.
Solid state hard drive… So it’s a high-spec system.
I have the usual normal performance tweaks enabled for audio in general.

I max out the performance meter with ONE SINGLE INSTANCE of any Neural plugin.
I could NEVER use it in stereo… If I’m lucky, I might get to record a few minutes in mono only, and only ever NORMAL oversampling (NEVER High quality).

So how does one fix a problem like this?
It’s to the point where I have to consider other plugins over NeuralDSP because they just destroy performance and click/pop/freeze all the time.

Hello @soularflair. If you already checked our PC optimization guide, I would suggest running Latencymon for a few minutes to verify if your system has high DPC latency.

You can send screenshots of the analysis made by Latencymon and your audio settings to support@neuraldsp.com to find what’s causing the issue.

What cpu / ram are you running?

1 Like

Hmm… I’m running Reaper with multiple guitar tracks all using Neural plugins (Nolly). My last recording had 5 guitar tracks at one point but I don’t have any issues as long as I’m not actively using any programs in parallel. I’m using a Surface Book 2 running on Windows 10 with 16GB of RAM as well. The only time I encounter issues is when I’m watching YouTube videos in parallel or running a Skype video call.