Automated Midi Switching Issues

I’m setting up my quad cortex to do automated patch and scene changes in reaper. Anytime I click anywhere in the session or press play the qc switches between like 4 presets even if there is no midi data where I am pressing play from. I never had this issue with my kemper. It seems to randomly land on different presets too after it goes through 3 or 4.

Here’s a video: Quad Cortex Midi Automation Bug - YouTube

Anyone else have this problem? I’ve tried making one long midi item that goes through the whole song as well as short midi items that only go for the patch change and then just end but it seems to happen no matter what. If I press play from the start of a song and just let it run it works properly, but I would like to be able to click elsewhere in the session without it freaking out lol.

Hey @Joshbilli. Thank you for notifying us about this.

Can you send us that project to support@neuraldsp.com? You can make a copy without the audio tracks if you want.

Thanks!

1 Like

I have the exact same thing happening! Was there any fix found for this?

I’m no MIDI expert but have you tried sniffing to see if/what MIDI is being sent to the QC when you click in a Reaper session or press play? Maybe using something like MIDI-OX. Looks like something is triggering the QC. Could be the MIDI commands for changing the QC’s presets. Maybe the Kemper didn’t respond to those particular MIDI commands.

Hi, I do have also automation problems with Logic Pro X. Sometimes it does not make changes at all. It’s behaviour is to random that I don’t trust the automation any more. My last attempt would be to buy a midi interfase to connect using midi cables instead of going directly via usb. Any other user having similar problems?

I am having the same issue. Works perfectly probably 90% of the time but when it doesnt it will randomly jump around scenes within the selected preset and I end up having to unplug the USB mid song and control it manually.
Anyone find any solutions for this?

Have you tried the “Ignore Duplicate PC” in the midi settings. I had the same problem and i switched this on and it seemed to help. I also set the midi INPUT to “not connected” on the channel in my DAW so just the midi output was firing. I also went from the usb cable to an actual Midi cable. I dunno if all of that or just onenof those things helped but it did help that wierd jumping around stuff.