Auto Input Levelling

There have been numerous issues posted around the guitar input levels, including the ability to save specific instruments and assign to presets, etc. One of those feature requests can be seen here: Allow input levels and input impedance to be saved per patch - #11 by epichicken — however, I am proposing something I haven’t seen yet: auto-input levelling.

I think the ability for the QC to have a minimum and maximum input level which automatically sets itself without needing to change between instruments would be amazing.

Great idea and a good distinction from the other thread!

yeah this should be must i always switch between my PRS hollowbody wich i use the Piezo and Magnetic and then i need to switch to my Tele and all the guitars have different outputs

I think this be great.

I get the idea; however, my issue with this feature is that it never seems to yield useable results & always ends up being a useless gimmick for the most part. For instance, if you use the auto-levelling feature that’s already provided on the QC in the capture window you end up with poor quality captures; likewise, if you use auto-levelling on the Two Notes Torpedo VB-101 it successfully drops your level to avoid clipping yet results in a lower than optimal level with reduced signal-to-noise ratio. I find that it’s a similar story on all devices with auto-levelling & you can only ever achieve optimal results by setting the levels yourself.

A far better/more useful feature of a similar nature to this is what Apogee do on their audio interfaces - it’s a feature called ‘soft limit’ & it doesn’t mess with your levels in any way but does give protection against clipping that sounds/feels totally natural.

Again, I totally get the reason for your request here, I’ve just never seen it implemented in a way that actually works well enough to warrant being used & that includes the version of it that’s already present in the QC.