Archetype Nolly is not working with Cubase Elements 10.5

Yes, you are right and when I turned the knob to DAW there is no sound coming from the speakers. Do you happen to know how can I fix this?

Hi @MWS, I managed to fix that and when I turned the knob all the way to full DAW there is sound coming from the speakers, and as a standalone Nolly works perfectly. Now when I open it in Cubase there is still no sound coming from Nolly and I checked monitoring. Any suggestions?

If you bypass the plugin, do you get signal going through the track?

Make sure you can get a track working with a single plugin such as a reverb or chorus. The idea is to confirm you have everything routed and working with respect to your signal chain and VSTs in general. If your DAW included any VST plugins, just use one of those since it is known to work.

If you can do this, and then add Nolly and still have a problem, it should give Gonzalo additional information to work with. I don’t have much else I can add, since I don’t use Cuebase or the interface you are using. Good luck!

I just found out that once I check the VST effects in the VST Plug-in manager Nolly is showing up (see below)

but when I check VST instruments Nolly is not there. How can I add Nolly to that? Will that maybe fix the problem?

No. The plugin is showing up in the correct Category. Amp simulators are not Virtual Instruments.

Please check if this works:

I tried that Gonzalo and there is no sound (if you mean by bypassing as per pic below)
Should I uninstall and reinstall Nolly (As I first installed Nolly and then Cubase and it seems when I installed SSD Drums everything works just fine)

That looks like a routing issue, then. As MWS suggested, try with another audio FX plugin (Ex: another amp sim) and check if you experience the same issue. If you import an audio track into cubase, can you reporduce it?

You were right gonzalo. It seems that it was a routing issue. I managed to get the sound on.
I am just afraid that this will change. It seems that the right format is the below:
Would it be possible to extend the trial of Nolly. However, I’m interested to check Plini and then buy it but it seems that I can’t use the trial (I tried in the past but I had the same issue and never used it.
Can you please help me to have a trial of Plini please?

Now that I have this up and running I am getting some noice when I play . Is this a sample/buffer issue?
Or a processor issue?

If it is popping noises you should increase the buffer size. Also, there are a number of things you can do to a Windows PC to make it more usable for audio, search “DAW tweaks for WIndows”.

Check the guide for Windows optimization. There are several tips to improve the performance of your system. While you try this, set your audio settings at 44.100 Hz / 128 samples.

Also, send me your iLok user ID to support@neuraldsp.com to deposit the trial extensions.

@d_cubu Done! Check your inbox.

I can’t thank you enough.
Just a small issue which I copied on the email not sure how to proceed as I need to select a location and I have to activate and iloK usb?

1 Like